Author Topic: Breeders For Sale  (Read 4727 times)

Mike Gilbert

Breeders For Sale
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
Since it is the end of the hatching season I have a few pairs and trios available.     There is a  bantam splash cock with a blue hen, both 2007 hatch birds and very productive.  Both are pictured on my poultry website.   One pair of bantam buffs, both 2007 hatch - the hen is very nice looking but not a good layer.    There is a trio of large fowl brown reds.   The male is one of John B\'s 2008 cockerels, and he goes with one of my 2007 hens and a 2008 pullet.    These are not top quality, but something to work with.   Then there is my large fowl silver male.   He is pictured on my poultry website.  Nice color, but poor comb and on the small side.
In addition I have some started bantams in splash,  splash wheaten, and blue wheaten.   They are ready to ship.    All birds are $10 each plus shipping.   I have single NEST cartons at $12 each, or buyers can furnish their own container.  Shipping cost only is C.O.D.      Or I can deliver to the Badger Poultry show, Richland Center, WI, the first Saturday of June.
Forgot to mention, I also have a pair of large fowl Buff Chanteclers available, same price and terms.    Whatever is not spoken for soon are going to a swap meet Saturday a.m.

verycherry

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
Am I just missing the link to your poultry website?  I see the one for your red deer.  They are absolutely beautiful by the way!

Mike Gilbert

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »
The poultry website is http://redstagacres.webs.com  .   The home page does show our farm red deer sign, but the rest except for one photo album of deer, is all about poultry.  You will want to check out the photos section for chickens.   Click on the top picture of each album and it brings up the rest of the photos.   Then you can click on each individual photo to enlarge them.   Or you can choose to review them as a slideshow.  

verycherry

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
Oh, gotcha!  Thank you for the help.

Mike Gilbert

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
Everything I had available is sold or promised.   I will have 2009 hatched birds available to deliver to Columbus at our National Meet.   If there are needs out there please let me know and I\'ll do my best to fill orders or refer to someone who can.   But numbers are limited so please contact me early.  Thanks.

John

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »
I\'ve got some too.
   bantam wheaten - 2 pairs
   bantam black - 2 trios
   bantam lavender - 1 pair
   large fowl silver - 1 quad
These are breeders, not necessarily show birds, but may produce some winners.
Please email me for a quote and availability.  I\'ll give you a price for the birds and shipping boxes that you can pay me with a check.  You\'ll pay the Express Mail costs COD.

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
Hi,

I left a message with you today on your phone (to Mike).  I am new to the forum, and new to Ameraucanas (the real ones, not the hatchery versions).  I am desperately looking for wheaten bantams....one roo, and two hens (or more if I can afford it).  They can be pullets.  I know you probably don\'t have any right now, but is it possible to put in a request?  I\'m also concerned with price, as I\'ve been quoted a price as high as $160 for three birds, including shipping....OUCH!!  I\'m not into showing, but I do appreciate the pure breeds.  

This post is for anyone who has the above available.  I live in Southern California, by the way.  

I learned a tough lesson as a newbie in the chicken world this year, and bought straight run \"Ameraucanas\" from Murray McMurray.  Not only did I discover that these weren\'t the real deal, but more than half turned out to be roosters - I took a trip to the butcher today, and it was very hard for me to have to decrease my flock by 2/3rds and say good-bye to the birds I\'ve been raising for the past 3 months.  As it is, I think I still have 2 or 3 more roos that I missed, but time will tell.  Tough lesson.  What stinks is that I paid a good amount for them, so I have basically just created very expensive chicken dinners for my family (and not very big ones at that).  Ugh...the whole situation just makes me sick to my stomach, really.  

I hope someone can help!  :)

Erin

Mike Gilbert

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »
Erin,
Yes, shipping is expensive.   So is feed and the other costs of raising chickens these days.    But it costs no more to raise and keep the real deal than hatchery mongrels.    I have no wheaten bantams to offer at this time.   I may have a few started birds to ship in about six weeks, but the weather may be too hot to ship by that time.     If you can\'t find any others, check back with me in the fall, after the weather cools down again.   Good luck with your search!

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
Thanks Mike!

I\'ve had no luck so far.  A couple of returned calls, but nothing available.  I\'m willing to get on a waiting list, if you have one!  I REALLY want some badly, can you tell?  :)  I\'ve been trying to find some Wheaten Marans as well, but the same goes with that.  I don\'t have an incubator, and I don\'t have the space to buy straight run, so I\'m left with purchasing pullets or adults.  This is so frustrating, but I guess all good things come to those that wait, right?  :)

Please, please, PLEASE, put me tops on your waiting list for the fall.  One rooster, and maybe two or three hens?  I can email you privately with my home phone number, but I think I left it on your answering machine if you still have it.  Let me know what you need, and call me just as soon as you can ship!  

Thanks for the reply!

Erin

Mike Gilbert

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
Erin,
Send me another e-mail with your contact info and mailing address.   I\'ll get back to you when I have something available.    Send to:  ameraucana@redstagacres.com .
Thanks.

John

Breeders For Sale
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
FYI, the birds I had for sale have been sold.
I am now accepting orders for day-old chicks in 2010 and have already received my first order.  Although you don\'t have to place your order this soon, each year many try to order too late and are disappointed.  Many of the orders for this year were placed several months in advance.  An order form and all the details are on my ChickHatchery.com site.