Author Topic: A.P.A. New Fee Schedule  (Read 3207 times)

Mike Gilbert

A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
I received my American Poultry Association \"spring\" newsletter today (June  22nd).    The association continues to work on a new standard, and hopes to have it on the market by the end of the year.   We\'ll see.  It will be priced at $54.  Does anyone know what corrections will be incorporated into the new standard for the Ameraucana?   I believe we recommended a change in the silver variety description to refer to the Dutch silver description instead of the Leghorn description.  Did this get done?    Also, the A.P.A. Board voted to accept 10 varieties of American Game bantams - the late Frank Gary must be spinning in his grave.   For those of you too young to remember, Frank was the originator of American Game bantams, and they have been recognized by the American Bantam Association for perhaps 50 years already.   In other news, annual A.P.A. dues are going up again, which makes my investment in a life membership several years ago look like a good investment - in spite of advancing age.
One subject of interest to the Ameraucana Club  is a proposal on the table to increase the fee for admission of new breeds and varieties.   The proposal is $200 for a new breed and $100 for a new variety.   The cost of standard illustrations is over and above these fees, and can be sponsored by anyone who wishes.   May I suggest that we go ahead and propose all varieties for admission now that are ready so as to get in under the old rules?    Opinions?

John

A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
I suggest that we go ahead and propose all varieties for admission now that are ready so as to get in under the old rules? Opinions?

I\'m game, but haven\'t checked into the process.  Is it too late to get the paper work processed for this year\'s national?
Bantam and LF lavenders are on my list.

faith valley

A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
Have we as a club shown the lavendar bantams and largefowl in the last 2 years and have we had 2 cocks, 2 hens, 2 pullets, & 2 cockrels shown at each of those two shows? If so we would need to get the show sect. of those two shows to fill out the show certification paper, plus we would need the 5 breeder affidavits filled out as well.  5 breeders, 5 years...

I do have these forms on hand (Word documents) if you need them.

We do plan to show lavendar bantams at nationals, so can help out with numbers, but they are new to us so cant help out with the 5 breeders, 5 years...

Patty

Blue Egg Acres

A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
Quote from: faith valley
Have we as a club shown the lavendar bantams and largefowl in the last 2 years and have we had 2 cocks, 2 hens, 2 pullets, & 2 cockrels shown at each of those two shows?

Patty

I think Michael has been keeping track for the splash and splash wheaten varieties?  I know there are a few of us that have bred the splash wheaten for the 5 years and I\'m pretty sure there are 5 of us. However, I don\'t know if we\'ve met the criteria of the 2 hens, 2 pullets ...etc. for the past 2 years.  I know too that Michael has mentioned that the ABA has a \"splash\" standard. Is there a standard for the \"splash wheaten\"?  I\'m pretty sure there is not meaning that if/when we get serious about having splash wheaten recognized as a variety, we will have to come up with a standard.

Blue Egg Acres

A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
I think Michael has been keeping track for the splash and splash wheaten varieties?  I know there are a few of us that have bred the splash wheaten for the 5 years and I\'m pretty sure there are 5 of us. However, I don\'t know if we\'ve met the criteria of the 2 hens, 2 pullets ...etc. for the past 2 years.  I know too that Michael has mentioned that the ABA has a \"splash\" standard. Is there a standard for the \"splash wheaten\"?  I\'m pretty sure there is not meaning that if/when we get serious about having splash wheaten recognized as a variety, we will have to come up with a standard. [/quote]

I am bumping this because I\'ve editied (added to) my post.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
A.P.A. New Fee Schedule
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
I think the ABA does have a splash standard, but not for ameraucanas.  I would think the change to the rules would mean that the specific breed would have to have the color approved in the bantam and not the large fowl for it to apply.  Maybe we should inquire about the specifics, so we know for sure.

I think if it is less expensive, we get the bantams approved first, then fall on the new rule to get the large fowl approved.  Afterall the bantam lavs have been around longer than the LF and may qualify easier.

I don\'t think it would be too hard to write a splash standard.  It would follow the lines as the \"blue\" or \"blue wheaten\" variety it comes from except the blue plumage is replaced with white and gray/dark blue speckling.  The ABA probably has it specified in more eloquent terms...
Jean