Author Topic: Any New Englanders Here?  (Read 3475 times)

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »
Looking to see who is in my area that breeds or just keeps true ameraucanas!

Tailfeathers

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »
Hi Ann!  Glad to see you made it here.  You\'ll notice a few others from BYC on here too.

God Bless,

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »
Click the logo at the top of the page and it will take you to the Home Page.

On the left you will see the link to the breeders directory.

Jean

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:12:21 AM »
Hi All, yeah, I didn\'t want to join too soon, you know, counting my chicks before the eggs hatch!  I am really proud of the quality of birds I have gotten from various folks.  My BBS flock is nice and now I need a few BW or Wheaten girls for my BW cockerel.

DonnaVt

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »
Good morning Ann,  I live in Underhill Vt. I have Buff Ameraucana  from Chick Hatchery and Wheaten/ Blue Wheaten. I would be pleased to meet with you. I have questions about the color of my Wheatens. Donna

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »
Hi Donna!

I\'m just outside Montpelier so we are not too far apart!

John

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »
Ann,
You have a nice looking website.  FYI, My Address is Birch Run, Michigan.  It is named for a run (branch/creek) of the Flint River which flows into the Saginaw River and has nothing to do with chickens.

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:53 AM »
Hi John,

I\'m originally from Lapeer, been out here three years now.  When I bought my property which is mostly mountainside with lots of yellow birch trees (some white birch too) that name came to mind.  So it was like bringing a little bit of Michigan with me.  I will be back in the area to visit family in November.  I\'m always looking for birds, presently looking for two BW or wheaten pullets.  I can visit if possible then!

I need to update my site big time, hard to do in summer!

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »
We are in central Massachusetts and breed Black, Blue, Splash, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Splash Wheaten, and Buff color Ameraucanas.

The District show for our area is in Cobleskill, NY on Sunday Sep 27 this year. That shouldn\'t be to far from you.

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »
A district show?  Way cool!  I will see about coming to have a look.  I don\'t know if any of my birds will be in condition.  Some might be too young yet, depends on their plumage development.  I have two black pullets that are looking real nice.  My BW cockerel does not have a complete tail yet.

Where can I get a show book?  

Will you be bringing any birds for sale?  I am looking for a couple of BW or wheaten pullets yet.  I have some nice males already and am good on BBS females.  

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 09:09:40 AM »
Hi,
You will need to contact Jamie Matts for a booklet.  His email is MattsJT@aol.com  I\'m only about an hour and a half away but I think I am just going to look.  I have Wheatens, Split Lavenders and Lavenders.  Maybe I can find someone to swap eggs with to expand my gene pool.

Birch Run Farm

Any New Englanders Here?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:19:32 AM »
I requested info from Jamie.  It\'s a four hour drive for me so I would only show up if I have some birds in good feather.  They would be young ones, 6 months old.