Author Topic: Blue Wheaten Pullets first egg today  (Read 3648 times)

philipu

Blue Wheaten Pullets first egg today
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
This is my first egg out of the blue wheaten pullets, thought I would share it,  :Dlooks pretty good to what is wanted in the egg color...any comments or advice is appreciated.
Thanks. phil

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
I can\'t comment on the egg color as it\'s too hard for me to see it on the computer - but, I got the first egg from my pullet pen today too. Really surprised me as the oldest weren\'t hatched til the end of April.  In my expereince they are usually at least 8 months old and considering the shorter days I didn\'t expect to see any before putting up the artificial lights.

philipu

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »
Quote from: Mike Gilbert
Looks like a nice shade of blue.   Actually better than the one in your avitar, which is a little greenish on my computer screen.

Hi Mike,
In the picture the avatar does look a tint of green, its not, but it appears that way, I am trying to change avatar now, it won\'t let the old one go....
Thanks, phil

philipu

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:14 PM »
Quote from: Blue Egg Acres
I can\'t comment on the egg color as it\'s too hard for me to see it on the computer - but, I got the first egg from my pullet pen today too. Really surprised me as the oldest weren\'t hatched til the end of April.  In my expereince they are usually at least 8 months old and considering the shorter days I didn\'t expect to see any before putting up the artificial lights.

Hi Barbara, I hear you she was hatched in May.
Since she has been with the wheaten and blue wheaten cockerels,
I may try and hatch it....just to see if fertile.

Maybe verything will get off early.

thanks, phil

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »
Phil,
Please do bring your new birds to some of the shows down south! I\'ve been the only one so far with W & BW Large Fowl at UFPA shows in Farmington, UT.
You have some Blacks & Blues, too, yes? I\'m thinking you are maybe the person who bought a Black hen from me a few shows ago, but may be so wrong?
Congrats on your growin\' girls  :p

verycherry

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »
Quote from: philipu
This is my first egg out of the blue wheaten pullets, thought I would share it,  :Dlooks pretty good to what is wanted in the egg color...any comments or advice is appreciated.
Thanks. phil

Just beautiful!  Congrats!

philipu

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »
Quote from: SpeckledHills
Phil,
Please do bring your new birds to some of the shows down south! I\'ve been the only one so far with W & BW Large Fowl at UFPA shows in Farmington, UT.
You have some Blacks & Blues, too, yes? I\'m thinking you are maybe the person who bought a Black hen from me a few shows ago, but may be so wrong?
Congrats on your growin\' girls  :p

I opted to go to the Montana Show in Great Falls, really a good show in fact its a double show.

Should be at the Utah Spring Show, this will be my first showing of Ameraucana...I usually show other  breeds.  
Been going to the show there for years.
Thanks, phil

philipu

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »
Quote from: verycherry
Quote from: philipu
Thanks. phil

Just beautiful!  Congrats!

Thanks\'s the silly pullets are starting to lay, blue wheaten, and now the buff pullet has laid an egg to..
Nice color on the wheaten eggs, the buff first egg may have a tint of the green, but it\'s still showing the blue.
phil