Author Topic: New Forum restrictions starting in 2010  (Read 3108 times)

John

New Forum restrictions starting in 2010
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
Presently ABC members receive very nice quarterly Bulletins, are eligible for awards offered by the club and first time members also receive a Handbook.  The dues paid by members make the club\'s website (Ameraucana.org) and this ABC Forum possible for all to benefit from.  In order to give dues paying members some added value or more bang for the buck we will limit membership on this forum to club members beginning in 2010.
The purpose of the Ameraucana Breeders Club is to encourage the continued improvement of Ameraucana bantams and large fowl through breeding, exhibition, and dissemination of relevant information.

All will still have full access to the website.  All will be still able to view text on the forum, but only members will be able to view photos and post on the forum.  In my opinion membership should have it\'s privileges and hopefully this move will encourage more to become ABC members.
To join just click on the ABC logo at the top of the page.  It will take you to the website.  From there click on \"Join the ABC!\" and print out a membership form.  The rest of the directions are on the form.
http://ameraucana.org/membership_files/MembershipForm.PDF

verycherry

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:19 AM »
I received a membership form from Michael when I received my shade card order, but set it aside and forgot about it.  I remembered about joining later in the year, but then didn\'t because it mentioned that memberships needed to be renewed in Jan, so I was waiting until the last of Dec to send it in.  Ok, I\'m cheap, what can I say?  ;)

...or could I go ahead and send the form and fee in now and have it count for 2010?

John

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
send the form and fee in now

Yes, but note you want to join for 2009 or 2010.  Also, you can pay for up to two years at a time.
If you join for 2009 I\'m quite sure Michael will send and the Bulletins for this year, so you won\'t miss out on anything that the other members have received.

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »
Yes, I do catch folks up who are joining late for 2009.

Michael

John

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »
Attention!
If you are both an ABC member and ABC Forum member please email your forum \"username\" to me.
We need compile a list that associates forum usernames to club members, so no club members will be deleted from the forum.
Thank you,

Tailfeathers

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:09:43 PM »
Hi John,

Just a quick note to say I fully support the Board\'s decision and also believe that membership should have certain privileges that are not otherwise available to non-members.

I emailed you with my User Name.  When I hit reply, the email address changed so I hope you got it.

God Bless,

verycherry

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
I got busy last week and couldn\'t remember to stop for stamps, so I sent my payment in by paypal this morning.  I mentioned my User Name in the notes/comments section. I also emailed my information separately. Please let me know if you don\'t get it for some reason.

Coyote

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »
Was going to give you my 2010 membership fee at Iowa City but you weren\'t there, so am mailing it. Big show (ducks)
user name is Coyote

Thanks