Author Topic: ABA National  (Read 13717 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
ABA National
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »
Some of the issues of the Indy show were addressed in this issue of the Poultry Press.

I would think the main issue now is to find out who is judging and if we can still get our choice before it is too late.
Jean

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
ABA National
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
Proposal #1
Holding our 2011 National meet with the Missouri State Poultry Association at their fall show on Oct. 15, 2011 at the Sedalia, Missouri fairgrounds.  So our breed  the Ameraucana won\'t miss out on being part of the Crossroads of America huge joing APA/ABA national meet at Indianapolis, Indiana on Oct. 28-30, 2011, requesting it to be a district Ameraucana meet.

Proposal #2
Holding our 2011 National meet with the Crossroads of America joint APA/ABA national meet at Indianapolis, Indiania on Oct. 28-30, 2011, and holding our 2012 national meet with the Missouri State Poultry Association at their fall show the 3rd
Saturday, in Oct. 2012 at the Sedalia, Missouri Fairgrounds.

Sorry this has taken so long, I\'ve been waiting for a poultry club in Kansas to bid, so we could choose from three shows, but they haven\'t.

It doesn\'t matter to me, we will support our national meet at either show in 2011.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

ABA National
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »
Your call Paul.  We will support either choice.   It does concern me somewhat that so many nationals are already ahead of us at Crossroads, but Sedalia is only a one day show.
There are advantages and disadvantages either way.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
ABA National
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »
I finally received a response from the Hutchinson, KS. show, below is what I received.

Paul Smith
At this time our club does not want to put in a bid for the National meet.
Having a hard time getting people to help with the regular show!
Sorry.
George
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
ABA National
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 10:18:24 AM »
I\'m surprised none of the directors have voted on the two proposals!  I shall have Angela e-mail the other four
Jean R., Jerry D., Harold K. and Barbara C. to get them to view the forum to vote.  If they are waiting on me, as I have written, either show is fine for 2011.

I vote for proposal #2, even though I think the ABC will be overlooked in the crowd of national breed meets, with only 13 days between the two shows, there probably won\'t be a good attendance if held at Sedalia, due to the ABC members who will have a long trip to either one or both shows.  Sedalia, is just over 500 miles from me and Indianapolis is a little under 1,000.  We plan on going to both shows, provided we have something to show.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

John

ABA National
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »
Update:
The District Directors have voted and all agree to allow the 2011 ABC National meet pass to the NC district.  Jerry is in the process of placing it at the Crossroads show in Indy.
2010 = SE
2011 = NC
2012 = SC
2013 = W
2014 = NE
2015 = back to the SE