Author Topic: show in Arcadia Florida  (Read 2992 times)

cedarpondfarm

show in Arcadia Florida
« on: February 25, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
Is anyone going to the show on Saturday, March 27 in Arcadia, Florida?  The show is sponsored by Central Florida Poultry Breeders\' Association and the catalog advertises an ABC special meet.    

bantamhill

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:07:34 PM »
That is interesting .  . . I don\'t have record of placing a meet there this spring.

Michael

cedarpondfarm

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
The special meet was the only reason I was going.

Blue Egg Acres

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
I have know of some clubs advertising breed club meets on an ongoing basis (from season to season) even if we\'ve only requested one show with them. Upper Cumberland in Cookeville, TN has done this.

cedarpondfarm

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
I talked to Valerie of C.F.P.B.A and found out it was accidentally left in the program from their fall show.  

John

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:46 AM »
accidentally left in the program from their fall show

Accidents happen, but with some (*I assume) they just leave it in thier show catalogs assuming a meet would be placed if they had  requested one again.  With most breed clubs it probably would happen, but since our meets are placed at the request of our members instead of a show club it doesn\'t.  
*Edited...I stated it as a fact and shouldn\'t have.

Mike Gilbert

show in Arcadia Florida
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »
Quote from: John
. . . but with some they just leave it in thier show catalogs assuming a meet would be placed if they had  requested one again. . .  

Such is basic dishonesty, and it would be my opinion that such shows should be notified they will not receive another meet for a specified period of time.   Hopefully our directors will develop a policy to deal with it.  Another problem that should be dealt with is shows that fail to submit show result reports to breed clubs that have placed meets.   One warning should be enough.