Author Topic: Hi - new around here!  (Read 2432 times)

Beth C

Hi - new around here!
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:01:20 AM »
Thought I\'d introduce myself. I\'m a new member, but have enjoyed reading for quite some time. I especially love the posts about the early years of the breed! I currently live in NC but am originally from near Martinsburg, WV, and was given green hatching eggs by a local breeder for a school incubator project around 1979-80. (He said he had \"2 breeds,\" one that laid green eggs and one that laid blue ones. I now understand why he gave me the green ones!) They never hatched, but I retained my fascination with these birds, and was fortunate enough to obtain some LF Black & Wheaten/Blue Wheaten hatching eggs from Wayne Meredith last year, resulting in a couple of nice birds, and I\'m anxious this year to see what they produce. I don\'t know how much I\'ll be posting, since I\'m currently in the sit back, listen, & learn stage, but I\'m sure I\'ll be throwing a few newbie questions your way!

Beth Curran
Maysville, NC

Blue Egg Acres

Hi - new around here!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
Hi Beth, welcome to the club, the southeastern district and to the fascinating, sometimes frustrating world of wheatens/blue wheatens.

Tailfeathers

Hi - new around here!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »
Welcome to the Club, Beth!

From what I\'ve heard you went to a good place for Wheatens & Blue Wheatens.  One of these days I hope to meet Wayne & bend his ear.

God Bless,

Beth C

Hi - new around here!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 08:01:59 AM »
Thanks! Funny thing is, I was initially interested in B/B/S, and included the W/BW eggs more out of curiosity than anything- now I\'m hooked! From everything I\'ve heard, they\'re going to be a challenge to work with!

verycherry

Hi - new around here!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
Welcome Beth and congrats on your Ameraucanas!  You\'ll have to show us a picture of your flock sometime.  I have the Lavender variety (and a few white and black), and I\'m getting my first Wheaten pullet this week from Jean, along with some Silvers.  I can hardly wait!