Author Topic: Brown Red Cockerel - need opinions on him  (Read 3815 times)

Brown Red Cockerel - need opinions on him
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »
Hopefully I can add this picture right. I need some opinions on how he looks - thank you so much for your help..
:)
April

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:05:07 PM »
Let\'s try this again....

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Here\'s another view of him...
April

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
April, how old is this bird?   I can\'t tell if he has any upper breast lacing from the pictures.   He should be standing with his tail held at a 45 degree angle;  other than that he looks pretty good to me.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »
He is a handsome fellow.

It\'s OK for brown-reds to have darker red on their wings?  Black Golds shouldn\'t though?
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
Quote from: Mike Gilbert
April, how old is this bird?   I can\'t tell if he has any upper breast lacing from the pictures.   He should be standing with his tail held at a 45 degree angle;  other than that he looks pretty good to me.

I believe he\'s about 4-5 months old...he\'s just started crowing. I knew the tail needed to be up higher like his dad\'s but I didn\'t know when that would start???

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »
Quote from: bryngyld
He is a handsome fellow.

It\'s OK for brown-reds to have darker red on their wings?  Black Golds shouldn\'t though?

Thank you....I hope he works out ok...

Mike: I will see about the upper breast lacing...do you mean the coloring in the front? Thank you so much for all your patience and guidance.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
Quote from: zachsmamaw
Quote from: bryngyld
He is a handsome fellow.

I will see about the upper breast lacing...do you mean the coloring in the front?

Ideally he would be one even shade in the red parts.  I\'m not sure if that is attainable, but keep trying.   And yes, the color in front.   Do you have a copy of the standard to check?

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »
No, I need to get one but haven\'t yet...hopefully I\'ll have some time this weekend to do some research.

Thank you so much.
April