Author Topic: Badger Poultry Show  (Read 3179 times)

Mike Gilbert

Badger Poultry Show
« on: June 06, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »
The Badger Poultry Club of southwestern Wisconsin hosted a special meet of the Ameraucana Breeders Club yesterday, June 5th.  Rande Buske and I were the only exhibitors of Ameraucana bantams.   Due to working at the food stand most of the day I never did find out if there were any large Ameraucanas shown or not, but there were none on Champion Row.   In the bantams Rande\'s nice white hen took Reserve of Breed, while my four-year-old blue wheaten hen went champ AOCCL in a class of sixty-some birds.  It was a nice day for a show until take-down and clean up when it poured rain for an hour or so.  Got home about 9:30 last night.

John

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »
It\'s good to hear Rande is still showing and keeping the white bantams going.

Cloverleaf Farm

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »
Congrats on the win Mike!

Mike Gilbert

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »
Thanks!  I\'ll try again to post a photo.   This hen is four years old and either a sister or daughter of the one used for the icon to the left of this screen.  Yes, it was good to see Rande again after a long absence.   Rande is one of the ABC Lifetime Achievement winners, so goes back a long way.  He plans a visit to Red Stag Acres sometime in the next week or two.   I\'ll try to talk him into coming to Frankfort in October, but his current job may prevent that.

Beth C

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
Congrats, Mike!

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
Congratulations Mike !!! That\'s a beautiful bird !!! Hard work and lots of time sure pay off...
:)
April

verycherry

Badger Poultry Show
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:09 PM »
Very nice bird Mike, and looking fantastic at four!  Congrats!