Author Topic: Non Member looking for birds  (Read 2535 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Non Member looking for birds
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »
I was contacted by a person on another forum that is looking for bantam birds.  

Ok I\'ve been bothering everyone with this and I either get ignored or told to check the ABC breeders directory. I\'m looking for Buff Bantams for sale and Bantam Wheaten and Blue Wheatens for sale. I\'ve found that Faith Valley Waterfowl will have some but only buff cockerels and Mike Gilbert will have some buff cockerels for sale. I\'m looking for started or adult stock, and I understand that it is too hot to ship, but I need to know who to contact as soon as it is possible to ship so I get the best the breeders have to offer to me. I\'ll also be going to the Ameraucana National Show in October. But what I\'m asking you is do you have any idea who else I can get a hold of?

Please contact me if you have anything for sale and I will relay it.

Thank you,
Jean

John

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
The buffs are rare and I just don\'t think she/he will find what they want.  Wheaten/blue wheaten will be easier.  

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »
Jean, is the person an ABC member?   If he or she has been looking, why don\'t they post a  message here instead of on another forum?    It just seems a little strange.    John is correct, good buff bantams don\'t exactly grow on trees.  And I will have very few wheaten and blue wheaten bantams available this year as did not hatch many, and then lost some besides.   F.Y.I., I do generally give ABC members a price break.

QUADCH

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
I will have several extra bantam blue wheaten, & Lavendar cockerels to bring to the Illini & Portage shows. Probably also black & blue LF cockerels as well. Sorry very low on girls this year.