Author Topic: Project Pictures  (Read 3178 times)

Project Pictures
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »
Well my project is advancing along nicely...slow but I like the quality I am seeing.  Here are the results of a Wheaten Rooster x Lavender hens, they look very much like brown reds.  Late fall I plan to cross these back together and hopefully produce a lavender wheaten...though the percentage is very low so I will have to hatch a bunch.  I also plan to cross a second pen of wheaten hens with a lavender roo to diversify the gene pool for the 3rd crossing.  Well anyway here are few of the F1 generation.
Full Grown Rooster

Pullet

Rooster, pullet and cockeral

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Project Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:49:43 PM »
Wow, they do look alot like brown reds.  I wonder what you would get if you bred the splits with a real brown red......

You would have to do some serious record keeping to prevent the lavender gene from popping up.
Jean

Project Pictures
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
oohh god please don\'t suggest another project...I already have to many going on right now..  :p

Mike Gilbert

Project Pictures
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »
Brown reds are already difficult enough to breed without introducing eWH, E, and lav.   You would end up with mongrels.   There are a number of crosses that could be made to produce  birds that \"look like\" brown reds.

Project Pictures
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:45:21 AM »
I\'m just going to stick to my current lavender wheaten project and when I am finished with these splits I will sell them as EE\'s

Project Pictures
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
Anyone else have any project pictures??