Author Topic: Splashes  (Read 31569 times)

Beth C

Splashes
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 09:29:51 AM »
I can kick in some, too. Are we hoping to get both the splash & splash wheaten recognized at this time, or just the splash? I don\'t have any blue/splash but should have a fair number of splash wheatens this season, since a lot of my breeders are blue wheaten.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Splashes
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »
I just received information back from the ABA, it is $250.00 or $500 for the fee and it is nonrefundable.  I am awaiting clarification of which fee is applicable.

The APA fee is $200.00 and is refundable.

I am thinking we are only going to try and get lavender and regular splash birds recognized for the time being.  Splash Wheaten, to my knowledge, is not recognized at all. I have not seen any shown in the past five years.

I am also awaiting conformation from Sam Brush on how we should be entering our non standard varieties correctly in shows.  I have always entered them under AOV - (insert color here)  and have been told this is incorrect.

Again, all final decisions will be made by the Board.  I am just thinking out loud.
Jean

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Splashes
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
If you get both Lavender and Splash recognized, is it $200 each or a one time fee for both if both changes are made at the same time? Also, is there a problem with the APA paying the fee? If so, there may be enough people who would join together to help. It would only take around 10 people with $20 each. I will help.  --Sharon
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Splashes
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
I believe it\'s per variety, per size.  So LF splash would be $200.00 and bantams would be another $200.00 with the APA and another $250.00 with the ABA.
Jean

John

Splashes
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 06:22:47 PM »
I have always entered them under AOV - (insert color here) and have been told this is incorrect.

It is.  Just use the variety name when filling out entry forms.  The show secretaries may or may not include \"AOV\" on the coop cards, but that would be for their own information and is never part of the variety name.  When in doubt, just check the standard for correct spellings and proper variety names.  Don\'t write \"self black\" if the variety is \"black\".  Keep it simple and don\'t add any extra descriptive words that aren\'t required. ;)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Splashes
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 06:28:13 PM »
I\'ve seen judges skip birds - mark them NSB/NSV (no such breed or variety) and wondered what I could do to make sure that doesn\'t happen.

This would also be a problem when showing lavender, because it is not in any standard.  I could see an ABA judge DQing all of them out of spite.
Jean

Tailfeathers

Splashes
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
Quote from: Jean
I am thinking we are only going to try and get lavender and regular splash birds recognized for the time being.  Splash Wheaten, to my knowledge, is not recognized at all. I have not seen any shown in the past five years.

Again, all final decisions will be made by the Board.  I am just thinking out loud.

Understood.  I\'m just wondering though how many folks have an interest in seeing a SW get approved?  

To me, it seems like it would be as easy if not easier to get a SW approved as it would a Splash since the coloration is basically all we\'re talking about here and the coloration on both the male and female SW is pretty consistent.

God Bless,

Schroeder

Splashes
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »
Could someone add Splash and SW pictures to the Photos page?

Mike Gilbert

Splashes
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »
We could use upgrades to quite a few of the photos at our photo link.   For example, Jerry DeSmidt showed a beautiful blue bantam cockerel with good lacing at Indianapolis.  Did anybody get a good photo of him?

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Splashes
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »
We are willing to contribute to the recognition fees funds.

Finally all our breeding pens for 2012 are completed.  There are 3 pens with splash to splash and 2 pens of blue to blue-so there should be plenty splash chicks here this time.
Paul Smith

crystalcreek

Splashes
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Quote from: paul
We are willing to contribute to the recognition fees funds.

We can too.  

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Splashes
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
We would kick in also

Tailfeathers

Splashes
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
Me too if for SW.

God Bless,

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Splashes
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »
I may be mistaken on this but  I think you should go for the APA and ABA.  Only recognized colors can move ahead at a show,meaning they can make it all the way to the winners circle.  Unrecognized colors can only go as far as BV.  This can cause problems where the show is both APA and ABA approved.If they are recognized by the APA, there is no problem. If not recognized by the ABA, it will cause some judging problems.
This happened a few years ago at a show in CA.  Mandarain duck was made show champion.  They are recognized by the ABA and not APA. Dont remember what was exactly done but the show mgmt did figure something out.
So as to eliminate judging confusion, I think they should be both done at the same time.

OldChurchEggery

Splashes
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
I\'d like to see the splashes recognized. I don\'t have any splash Ameraucanas, but I do raise splash Jersey Giants. They haven\'t been recognized yet, either though the color is lovely. Maybe in a few generations I\'ll have some splash Ameraucanas since I do have blacks and blues now.