Author Topic: 2010 Ameraucana Show Report  (Read 5401 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2010 Ameraucana Show Report
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
The national Ameraucana meet is now history!  It was held at the Bluegrass Poultry Association Show on Oct. 23, 2010 in Frankfort, KY.  It was a great success for our breed!  One hundred-fifteen large fowl and 113 bantam were entered from 13 states with only a few no shows.  Tim Bowles judged both the bantams and large fowl.

The blacks were the largest class in both large fowl and bantams.  The best of variety black in the bantam class was a pullet by Robert Walchak and his cockerel was RV.  Mike Gilbert took top places in the blues with a pullet and cock respectfully.  Robert Walchak filled the top of the blue wheaten class with his pullet.  Mike Gilbert\'s cockerel from his Res. trio filled the RV.  Robert Walchak\'s brown-red cockerel took the top honors in the brown-reds and Neil Townsend\'s cock was RV.  Mike Gilbert won the buff class with his cockerel and John Blehm filled the RV with his pullet.  John also had the top silver with his pullet and the RV honors went to Neil Townsend on his silver cock.

Top honors in the white class were claimed by Robert Walchak with his cockerel which also won BB, Best AOCCL and champion Ameraucana.   The reserve white went to Jerry DeSmidt on his pullet which also won Reserve Breed and Reserve AOCCL.  The AOV class had a pair of Blue Golden a cock and hen by Jerry Segler.  There were several lavender-the top spot was a pullet by John Blehm, which was also the RV of the AOV class.  The RV lavender was also a pullet, shown by Jerry Segler.  The best AOV was filled by a splash wheaten by Jerry DeSmidt.  Jerry DeSmidt also had the top scoring bantam display with 51 points in whites.  Mike Gilbert showed the top two trios.  The reserve trio was a set of blue wheatens and I think the champions were wheatens.  Sorry it didn\'t get recorded.

Mike also had the top bantam pullet eggs and Robert Walchak had second with pullet eggs.  There were not any bantam hen eggs shown.

The large fowl blue class was topped by Tom Kernan\'s cockerel.  Jerry DeSmidt had the RV also on a  cockerel.  Tom Kernan\'s two blue wheaten cockerels claimed the top spots in the blue wheaten class.   James Fegan\'s cock and cockerel respectfully won the top two spots in the brown-reds.  Jensen Pierson\'s buff hen claimed the BV and Larry Clionsky\'s buff pullet was RV.  James Fegan took both the top silvers with a hen and pullet respectfully.  Barbara Campbell won the top two wheatens with a cockerel and pullet respectfully.

John and Ann Foley won the whites with a cockerel and a pullet respectfully.   There were a pair of lavenders by John Blehm in the AOV class.  His pullet was BV lavender and the cockerel was RV laveneder.  The BV in the AOV was a splash cockerel by Jerry DeSmidt.  Paul & Angela Smith had reserve AOV on a splash pullet.  Now for the outstanding black class!  The BV was a pullet shown by James Fegan purchased as a chick from John Blehm.  She also won BB, BAOSB, Res. Ameraucana and Champion Large fowl of the show.  The RV was also a pullet shown by Tom Kernan.  She was also RB and RAOSB.  The best large fowl eggs were by John and Ann Foley.  The best display with 130 points was blacks by Jensen Pierson.  Twenty-three exhibitors from 13 states made this a very successfully national Ameraucana meet!

A brief ABC meeting was held.  Reports were given (minutes, sect. report, treasure report, bantam portrait, lavender update, future national meets)  Jeannette Franks was awarded the ABC lifetime achievement award, then we adjourned for the awards presentation and a meal.

Oops!  I almost overlooked the jr. show, which was held in the adjacent barn.  Matthew Smith had the top two blacks which won BB and RB.  Matthew\'s pair of wheatens also won BV and RV.  Sorry I didn\'t get the jr bantam show results.  Maybe Patty Pickard could fill us in.  Things happen fast with a one day show!  Angela and I managed to get photos of all the BV and RV bantams and Large Fowl in the open show.  Matthew took many photos of the exhibitors.
The photos will be posted ASAP.

Paul Smith

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
Paul - would it be alright if I copied your text to post on the Ameraucana thread on backyardchickens?  Folks have been asking...

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
Jr. Bantams- 8 exhibited by 3 exhibitors.

BB was a wheaten male- dont remember who exhibited it though. RV wheaten was a cock by Caleb Pickard

RB was a Buff cock by Nicole Pickard, RV Buff Cock also by Nicole Pickard

BV & RV black- both Old males by Caleb Pickard

BV Blue Whaten- pullet by Caleb Pickard

Jr Large fowl had 2 black and 2 wheatens.  I did not catch who exhibited them though.

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Quote from: paul
Sorry I didn\'t get the jr bantam show results.  

According to a report filled out by Jerry DeSmidt the Jr. bantam results are as follows:
BV blackon a cock went to Caleb Pickard
RV black on a cock went to Caleb Pickard
BV blue wheaten on a pullet went to Caleb Pickard
BV buff on a cock went to Nicole Pickard
RV buff on a cock went to Nicole Pickard
BV wheaten on a cock went to David Krut
RV wheaten on cock went to Caleb Pickard

Congratulations to all!

Tailfeathers

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
Great report!  Sounds like a fantastic show!  I so wish I could have been there.

Congrats to all those who showed and to all the winners!

God Bless,

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
I just want to thank Royce for the BV wheaten special award, it is very much appreciated!  

John

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »
BV silver on a cock went to David and Hudson Krut

David joined the club on Saturday before judging started.  Welcome to the club!

faith valley

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:10:15 PM »
There were no silver bantams shown in junior, that should read as wheatens.

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
Quote from: faith valley

BB was a wheaten male- dont remember who exhibited it though. .

David Krut

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
I think the champions(trio) were wheatens(bantams by Mike Gilbert).

This is correct.  Also want to add thet in the bantam wheatens Jerry DeSmidt had BV on a pullet and Michael Gilbert took RV with a cockerel.

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »
Quote from: Blue Egg Acres
Quote from: faith valley

BB was a wheaten male- dont remember who exhibited it though. .

David Krut[/quote

I didn\'t realize til I was home that we didn\'t give the award out for Jr Res. Champion.  I\'ve followed up with the BPA to find out who it should go to and will get it in the mail to David Krut for his win with the BB bantam wehaten cock. Congratulations!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
Cloverleaf,
Yes, it is ok to use the show report.
Paul
Paul Smith

Tailfeathers

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
If the winners for BV LF Wheaten and BV LF Blue Wheaten in the Open and Junior Show could post pics, I\'d surely love to see a nice picture of those birds.  

I don\'t wish to hijack this thread so if it would be better to start a separate thread for that, please do.  And by all means, I\'d love to see the RV birds or even any of the Wheatens and Blue Wheatens that made it to the show.

God Bless,

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
Cloverleaf,
Yes, it is ok to use the show report.
Paul

Thanks Paul!