Author Topic: Crossroads at Indy  (Read 4577 times)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Crossroads at Indy
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
I just checked the website and it says we have not asked for a meet at Indy.

Have we done this?  The sooner we get it done, the better the choice we have in the judges.
Jean

John

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »

Blue Egg Acres

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »
Quote from: Jean
I just checked the website and it says we have not asked for a meet at Indy.

Have we done this?  The sooner we get it done, the better the choice we have in the judges.

I see the last news release update was feb 2010. Perhaps we\'ve placed the meet but the update hasn\'t been posted. Jerry DeSmidt should know. Jerry?

Mike Gilbert

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »
All it takes is an email to David Wulff at:  info@poultrypress.com .   It is up to the club secretary or his designate  to take care of it.

Anne Foley

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
The July 2010 issue of Poultry Press (page 3) lists the Ameraucana Breeders Club as the 17th club to register their national meet at the Crossroads Show.

Mike Gilbert

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Ah, some good news.   That means we are only down the list to the seventeenth place to get our choice of judges.  The Chantecler Fanciers will be even further down the line  - but hey, it should be a great time regardless.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
Thanks Anne,

I thought I had read that, but couldn\'t find it in my PP and my friend talked to Bill or Dave yesterday (don\'t know which one)and they seemed to think we hadn\'t placed a meet.

Well, that\'s a relief. :)
Jean

John

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »
Well, that\'s a relief.

See...I told you so!

Mike Gilbert

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
The Crossroads show website now lists the judges they have hired.    It might be good to review the potential choices and let club officers know your top picks.   I say potential choices, because there are sixteen clubs ahead of us for choice.   But some of these judges will end up judging more than one national meet, as there are not eighteen judges hired.  I know of at least one national meet placed after the ABC.  Once again the website address is:   http://crossroadsofamericapoultryclub.com .  

John

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »
I\'m not familiar with many of them.  Mike Wasylkowski (aka Waski) was a judge for our Fowl Fest in October and would recommend him, even though he didn\'t judge Ameraucanas at our show.  
I believe Dave will want our top 5 choices and I would be very comfortable with him on our list.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
Quote from: John
I\'m not familiar with many of them.  Mike Wasylkowski (aka Waski) was a judge for our Fowl Fest in October and would recommend him, even though he didn\'t judge Ameraucanas at our show.  
I believe Dave will want our top 5 choices and I would be very comfortable with him on our list.

I met Mike last fall in Great Falls.  He also knows his waterfowl.

I would also pick him based on the choices available.
Jean

faith valley

Crossroads at Indy
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
What about Paul Monteith, Troy Laroche, or Dave Anderson?

Does the club get to select the junior ameraucana judge as well?  The kids pay the same entry fee as the adults, so the junior judge should be hand selected as well.  Most host clubs dont allow breed clubs to select the junior judge even at national meets... but our ABC kids\' ameraucanas should get a solid ameraucana judge as well as the open ameraucanas.

Patty