Author Topic: Farm Name  (Read 2875 times)

Jess

Farm Name
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
Evening,
Years ago, when my mother and I raised reg. Nubian milk goats, she named her farm, Willowreed farm.
That name was on all our goats regesteration papers. In 1985 I bought my Mom and Dads old place, so I still live on that same old farm
Well Today, in memory of my mother I am going to call my farm \"Willowreed farm\".
Jess

titansrunfarm

Farm Name
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
Sounds like a great idea!

Birch Run Farm

Farm Name
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
That\'s a great name for a farm, very pretty.

Beth C

Farm Name
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »
I love that you\'re still on the home place, and that you\'re using the name your mom gave it! My neighbor down the street was able to re-register her mom\'s old herd name w/ADGA when she started her own herd as an adult. Her mom no longer has goats, but loves visiting the new Sunny J herd in NC. The original Sunny J in IL raised Nubians, but the current one has Lamanchas (which I\'m glad of, since it saves me from keeping a buck!)

Jess

Farm Name
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »
Morning,
Beth, I also was able to get the \"Willowreed\" name for my Nubian goats.
So I will just carry on the name she gave it. Now My son and Daughter-in-law, who also lives where  My Dads and Moms old house was house was, is raising Nubian goats and chickens. She will be able to use that name too.
Jess

Beth C

Farm Name
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »
Awesome! Both of my parents passed away before my son was born, so I love finding ways to incorporate them into our daily lives, so he always has them close, if that makes any sense...

Mike Gilbert

Farm Name
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:40:52 PM »
I do like farm names.   My parents named theirs \"Jer-Ara Farms,\" as they milked Jersey cows and raised Arabian horses.   We raise Red Deer, hence our farm name, \"Red Stag Acres.\"

Cloverleaf Farm

Farm Name
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
Ok, to continue with where farm names came from...we are Irish, and the first chick I ever hatched is named \"Clover\".  I still have her, and she\'s a mille fleur d\'Uccle.

Beth C

Farm Name
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »
We\'re MM Farm, after my first horse, Midnight Magic. I got her when I was 15 and thought I knew it all. Didn\'t take her long to teach me what no one else had been able to.  ;) She was a special girl. I lost her  back in \'99, but still have her 24 yr old son & 20 yr old daughter.