Author Topic: Club Points  (Read 17809 times)

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
Jean,

Where are we at with the point system program? Is this something that the directors vote on and then goes to the membership in a bulletin vote, or is it something that a director vote just passes or declines?  Just curious as to how that process works.

Patty

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Club Points
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
Well, I was hoping to get a bit more discussion about it.  I will probably end up discussing it with you some more in the near future since you have knowlege and experience with this kind of thing.

I believe once a final working \"system\" is realized, I would send it to the Directors and we would vote on it.  I will have to check the by-laws to make sure I haven\'t missed anything though.
Jean

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
I didn\'t know if installing a point system was a constitution change or if it had nothing to do with the constitution.

I do agree that it would be nice to see extra points awarded for AOCCL or AOSB reserve or champ.  We would need to do a slight tweek to our show report forms to add that line in there.  It shouldn\'t be a problem to find the space on the report though.

Patty

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Club Points
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
I don\'t know if it will be a \"constitution\" change either.  Article VIII deals with club meets, but doesn\'t include some of the detailed items like what awards we offer, so it seems sort of a gray area to me.  I\'ll have to dig into it deeper.
Jean

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
The Call club created its point system in 2004, so not too long ago.  For that club it was not a constitution change, and it is not listed in their constitution anywhere.  The system was voted on by the board of directors and officers, after accepted by them, it went before the membership in a newsletter... but I can\'t remember if it was voted on by the membership or not.  Probably it was as it really does affect the membership and it was a new program. But I cant remember for sure.

I only reference the Call club because their point system is relatively new so it gives us a base as to what they did.

Does anyone know of other breed clubs that recently accepted or discussed the acceptance of a point system and what that club did for their process?

Patty

bantamhill

Club Points
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
We have most of the necessary information to run a pilot point system for those interested to review what 2010 or 2009 point totals would look like. We will need to collect the Champion and Reserve Champion AOSB and AOCCL from shows.

There are several shows that club members will have to take responsibility for sending in meet reports since the show club normally does not send in a meet report.

I would suggest a pilot to test data collection and a report and article in the next Bulletin. Sometimes folks need to see the actual numbers in order to be able to discuss a new program.

Michael

John

Club Points
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
a report and article in the next Bulletin

The forum is a great place to get member input, but since not all ABC members are on the forum I agree that an article in the Bulletin is in order to solicite more response before the directors make any decisions.

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
It is the show club\'s responsibility to send in meet reports; however, I agree that many do not. It does not take long to fill out a show report form though, so possibly we could ask the person requesting the meet to fill out the report form if an officer or director is not at the meet.

I dont know if I would go backward to try and locate the past AOCCL or past AOSB info. It was not on our show report forms and we dont want to inconvenience the show secretaries with  past data collection.  If the directors decide that they do want AOSB & AOCCL placings in the point system, we could just tweek the show report form a bit to include it for future meets.

Patty

Mike Gilbert

Club Points
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
Quote from: bantamhill

There are several shows that club members will have to take responsibility for sending in meet reports since the show club normally does not send in a meet report.

There is an easy solution for that problem.  No more meets until and unless  show reports are received from the show secretary.   This should not be the responsibility of members.
What happens when a member sends in a report, and then a show secretary sends in a conflicting report?  It could easily happen.   In fact it Did happen with one of our Chantecler Fanciers meets last year.

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
 I ran into that a couple time as well with the Call club, but it was not very often.  Out of a few hundred show reports that only came up twice.  In that case, I would say you have to contact  the show secretary for verification as to not a typo on the show sect part, and ultimately go with that official report.

Guess I am just thinking that I would rather see us cover all bases and make sure that we get a report.  If a member sends one in and the show sect also remembers to send one in- great.  But if the show sect forgets or does not get around to sending one in, then we always have the one from the  ABC member or director for our records.

Yes, you are correct, it is possible for a mistake to happen; but it doesn\'t very often. It is easy to sort it out if a conflict occurs.  

bantamhill

Club Points
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
I wasn\'t suggesting to contact show clubs for information from 2009 and 2010. I was suggesting there is enough information currently for folks to get an idea of what the system would be like.

Michael

Cloverleaf Farm

Club Points
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
Quote from: bantamhill
I wasn\'t suggesting to contact show clubs for information from 2009 and 2010. I was suggesting there is enough information currently for folks to get an idea of what the system would be like.

Michael

I think that sounds like a great idea.  Michael, is that information you would like to forward to someone to figure up for you?  I\'d be happy to help any way I can! :)

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
Michael, you are correct about AOCCL and AOSB. I was flipping through the club newsletters back to 2005 and many of the show reports listed in there have AOCCL and AOSB info, some dont, but many do. So you are right, it would be very easy to pull the needed point info from what we currently have on hand and drop it into word and the points into an excel spreadsheet to create a nice format for a newsletter or website viewing. My previous offer still stands, please do let me know if you would like help with data entry and charting.

Patty  

faith valley

Club Points
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Changing the subject slightly....

Are points kept on all ABC meets or only qualified meets?

If only qualified meets then what is the criteria? A certain number of exhibitors or a certain number of large fowl and bantam ameraucana exhibited in the show?  Can the junior show and open show numbers be added together to meet the minimum requirements? ( Open show would be reported on the open show report and the junior show would be reported on the junior show report. But so long as the show had the minimum number of ameraucana exhibited or the minimum number of ameraucana exhibitors then it qualifies?)

To give us something to compare to- the call club requires 3 exhibtiors and a minimum of 25 calls entered.  Now it could be 1 open show exhibitor with 10 open calls entered in the show and 2 junior exhibitors with 15 calls entered in the junior show or any other number set that would add up to the minimum of 3 exhibitors and 25 calls.  This would meet their minimum requirement for a qualified special meet. A district or national meet requires 3 exhibitors but 50 calls.  

Obviously those numbers would be high for us. But just wondering what the opinions were on how a show would be qualified to have points tallied and recorded.

Patty

John

Club Points
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
I\'m not sure if the following is the most up-to-date meet policy, but Michael would know.  The qualifications used now could remain as points are given instead of rosettes.  
FYI, at our Fowl Fest in Michigan all birds are in the open show and then the Jr birds are judged separately.  You would have to be careful that Jr birds or exhibitors weren\'t counted twice, so I wouldn\'t think a Jr birds or exhibitors would have anything to do with the numbers from an open show.
ABC MEET POLICY

Current policy as set by the Board of Directors allows for ABC meet awards at two tiers or levels for Open Show competition at club sanctioned meets.  
1.   With three or more exhibitors of Ameraucana in a class (bantam or large fowl) a rosette is earned for Best of Breed.  
2.   With five or more exhibitors of Ameraucana in a class (bantam or large fowl) a rosette is also earned for Reserve of Breed.
In Junior competition, regardless of the number of exhibitors of Ameraucana in a class (bantam or large fowl), a rosette is earned for Best of Breed.  
Nonmembers may count as exhibitors, but are not eligible for club awards.  If members holding a \"family\" membership enter a meet as individuals, they may compete against each other for purposes of club awards.
Meets will only be placed if a member requests a meet for a specific show in time for the distribution of information via the ABC quarterly Bulletin prior to the entry deadline for that show.  For planning purposes, members need to know well in advance when and where meets are placed.  As a general rule of thumb, meets should only be placed where it is reasonably expected that three or more members will show.
In the event a member is refused placement of a meet the Secretary shall provide a satisfactory explanation to the member.  If the member is not satisfied, he or she then may appeal the decision in writing to the President, who shall poll the Board of Directors.  The Secretary will have an opportunity to defend his or her decision to the entire Board; a simple majority vote of the Board of Directors shall be final in any such dispute.

Ameraucana Breeders Club awards available to members only

In Junior competition class (bantam or large fowl)  –
Best of Breed.…………………….Rosette

With 3 or more exhibitors in each Open Show class (bantam or large fowl)  –
Best of Breed.…………………….Rosette

With 5 or more exhibitors in an Open Show class (bantam or large fowl)  –
Best of Breed & Reserve of Breed ……………….Rosettes
Rev. 1/17/09

Of course the part about the \"secretary\" placing the meets is changed to directors due to the change we voted on.