Author Topic: Lavender (Isabelle) Wheaten Project  (Read 14934 times)

Lavender (Isabelle) Wheaten Project
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
Almost 14 wks old hackles and saddle feathers are starting to come in.  I can\'t wait to see how he turns out.  I also now have a second little LW roo.  He\'s about 4 weeks old.  These two boys are going to be used over wheaten hens to create splits to improve coloration.

OldChurchEggery

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Wow! Thanks for the photo update. It\'s neat to see the progress in your project.

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »
Project Lavender Wheaten Ameraucana update... He\'s really starting to look nice!  So far the only flaws I see are his legs are lighter (though still slate) than I would like them to be and eye color could be better, but that may change as he matures more.  He seems to be maturing much slower than my others.  The next step is improve, improve, improve and more, more, more.  He\'s going in a breeding pen with some wheatie girls to create splits.
18 weeks saddle, hackle and wing band feathers coming in.

OldChurchEggery

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
How is your second cockerel coming along?

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »
It\'s a beautiful day here in Central NY so I decided to take some pictures of my project roos.
The older lavender wheaten boy is about 22 weeks now, wow is he maturing slow! His coloration is coming out very nice, though his legs are pretty light (the sunlight is really washing them out in the photos) they are darker than what the photo shows and seem to still be getting darker.....did I mention he is maturing at a snails pace.  :rolleyes:

and his brother is about 10/11 weeks old.  He is maturing faster than his brother and may surpass him soon.  He hangs out with some wheaten and blue wheaten boys that are a few weeks younger than him.

Meeting of the minds...

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
It\'s been a while since I have posted some progress pictures.  It was really bright out today so the pictures are a little washed out.
He is now about 31 weeks old.

Here he is (in the back) with his little brother next to him.

Johnny Parks

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:01 AM »
Can\'t wait to see pictures of this guy at a year plus!