The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

Current Feed Prices

<< < (3/4) > >>

faith valley:
Beth, did you notice that the color of the Nutrena starter is now a much darker color as well?

Patty

Beth C:
Yes, I noticed that, too. I hope I have an empty bag somewhere with a label that I can compare. I don\'t like that they changed it so drastically w/no warning...

Guest:

--- Quote from: Beth C ---Yes, I noticed that, too. I hope I have an empty bag somewhere with a label that I can compare. I don\'t like that they changed it so drastically w/no warning...
--- End quote ---

Its less protein, but you are probably paying the same price...its their way to compensate for price increases in grains, etc.

Like, tuna use to be 6 ozs. in a can, now its 5 or even 4 in some, but price is the same or higher. Have to read labels on everything these days.

Sue

Beth C:
Yes, and yogurt used to come in 8oz cups and it now comes in 6oz and some 4oz. Then there are the canned veggies that are the same weight but a greater percentage of that weight is liquid. I hate the deceptive marketing - I\'ve got to buy the stuff, don\'t have a choice, just be up front about what you\'re selling and how much you need to get for it!

Mike Gilbert:
Located an Amish start-up feed dealer who sells Prince brand medicated chick starter, 20% protein,  for $9.75 per 50 lb bag.  Further discount for purchasing a pallet load at a time.   Now if I can just get my trailer back from my son in law . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version