The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

Current Feed Prices

<< < (2/4) > >>

dak:
Nutrena 20% layer is 14.99, and Purina Flockraiser is $17.25.

bantamhill:

--- Quote from: sterling ---Their chick grower is the same price for 14% protein, I don\'t understand that....should be less for less protein.
--- End quote ---

Actually, the cost is being driven by the source of the protein. Not all protein costs the same amount. Look the ingredient tag or ask about what the source of the protein in your feed. You may be surprised.

Michael

faith valley:
We are in Ohio- just bought feed last week and prices have gone up again. Nutrena chick starter 13.10 for 50# and Hubbard game bird breeder pellets 15.70 for 50#.

I like the Hubbard because it has animal protein not straight plant protien.  The chicks and ducklings hatch so much better for us with an animal protein feed. Have any of you all experimented with plant protein verses animal protein and how it affects your hatches?

Interesting to note that the Nutrena starter use to be (as of 2 weeks ago when I bought starter) a 20% protein but they have reformulated the feed and changed the bag as well- it is now an 18% feed.

Patty

Beth C:
Patty I noticed that too! I couldn\'t find a tag on my old bag, but I thought it was 20%, and this is now 18%.

I\'ve always liked Hubbard feeds, too. Unfortunately no one in our area carries them. :(

bantamhill:
Animal protein is a good thing for chickens!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version