Author Topic: Southern Hospitality Show  (Read 4803 times)

Beth C

Southern Hospitality Show
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
Well, yesterday I threw my hat in the ring (show ring, that is) and came back with a BB & RB. Out of 3 Ameraucanas, but hey, it\'s a start! :p

BB: LF Buff Cock (bred by Jean, she sold him to be last fall).

RB: LF Black Cock that I bred from some of Wayne\'s birds. It\'s a terrible picture, he practically has his tail between his legs, but that\'s not what he normally looks like, and I\'m glad the judge saw that. Whether he was rattled by the strange environment or petrified of the 3ft tall vulture/dinosaur in the cage next to him, he tried his best to shrink down and disappear...

The competition:

The only other Ameraucana:

Champion LF (& Best AOSB )

Reserve Champion LF - this guy is a true professional. He held this pose for as long as I\'d stand there and snap pictures (and I took quite a few), then gave himself a good shake when I walked away.  :)

I didn\'t stick around to see who got best of show. Since it was a 5hr drive home, I left as soon as they gave us permission to coop out. It was a long day, but a lot of fun. Carolina Feather Fanciers always does a great show, good people, home cooked food, just a really nice day.

John

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
What a great start! :D

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »
What a handsome fellow.....  B)

Jean

Beth C

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
Quote from: Jean
What a handsome fellow.....  B)

He\'s well aware of it, too! ;)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Nice looking Am\'s.   I\'ll bet that black is a dandy when he stands correctly - I like the shape of his tail, even though he\'s holding it down.   The standard depicts the two main sickles extending beyond the mail tail, and his does.  The blue appears to lack a deep, rounded front and definitely lacks lacing.

Beth C

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
Thanks! :D