Author Topic: Sales Area at Indianapolis  (Read 3475 times)

Mike Gilbert

Sales Area at Indianapolis
« on: April 23, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »
In past years at the Joint APA/ABA National Meets, Ameraucana Club members have gone together to rent a sale area.  Members who contribute are entitled to place their sale birds there, and with a little signage it makes a great meeting place for Ameraucana enthusiasts.   I have not heard the cost this time around, but I do remember in years past it was about $50 for a 10 foot by 10 foot area.  I am willing to help out this year.  Is anybody else interested?

faith valley

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
I will need sales space- pretty curious as to the pricing of the 10 x 10 spaces.

QUADCH

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
I\'m not sure what you mean by a sale area. Is it in a different area that the regular sales area? Are only Ameraucanas allowed to be cooped there? Who provides the cages? etc? Would we pay per hole? I\'ll be bringing many birds to show and sell, but figured I would just sell them right from the show coop after judging.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 09:11:35 PM »
It is a flat fee for a certain size of floor space.  We would furnish our own cages/containers.   We can set our own rules as far as Ameraucanas only, etc. .   In a show this size, it would be worth it just for a central meeting location IMHO.

John

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:04 PM »
I didn\'t take many photos at the last Indy show.  This one will be in a different building, but the last time the club tables were up front, then the show cages and the sale area was in the back.  With these big 3 day shows they do not sell holes...you bring your own. It seems like a 10\' by 10\' area was about $50 to $60.  We did this a couple times before when the big joint meets were in Ohio and referred to our area as \"Ameraucana Central\".  In Ohio the sale area was in a different building.  Bring your cell phones so buyers can contact you...it is so much easier than the old days.

QUADCH

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
Are we not getting any type of an area from Crossroads for our national? Sorry I haven\'t been keeping up on the details....

faith valley

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
At the last Crossroads, we were given one 8 foot table and 2 chairs.  If we want to have a silent auction or raffle type event with pairs of birds, we will have to do that out of our purchased sales area.  You never know- this year we have a larger facility so there may be more room given.  With all of those national meets though, if they do it for us they will have to do it for other nationals as well, just dont see how there will be enough space to do that fairly for everyone.  Guess that is why they went with the one table rule last time.

faith valley

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
I sent an email to Bill & Dave to ask about entry fees and sales space.  Here is their reply.....

\"Same as 2006 which was $50 for sales space bring your own cages for 10’ x 10’ area…$3.00 per entry and sales can be purchased in the catalog.\"