The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

Hot weather and stress on chickens

<< < (5/7) > >>

Beth C:
Ditto on the grass. We\'ve had a few days of relief from the heat, but ZERO rain. Even my weeds are dying, and I\'m buying hay in June. (FYI, not having to buy hay is absolutely the only thing I like about summer to begin with... :o )

Mike Gilbert:

--- Quote from: Beth C ---Ditto on the grass. We\'ve had a few days of relief from the heat, but ZERO rain. Even my weeds are dying, and I\'m buying hay in June. (FYI, not having to buy hay is absolutely the only thing I like about summer to begin with... :o )
--- End quote ---

I have hay for sale.  But the shipping is a killer.   First crop is harvested, second crop is growing . . .     There are a few good things about Wisconsin.  And I\'m not talking about the ticks and mosquitos.

Beth C:
Mike: Actually most of the hay I buy is trucked in. It\'s hard to get good hay here, and demand greatly exceeds supply, so several farms in the area buy tractor trailer loads & sell their surplus. I keep saying I\'m going to do that, but the thought of unloading a 40ft trailer alone always stops me... ;)

Jess:
Hey we got Rain Tuesday and Wednesday and today.
Temp hasn\'t hit 90 for the last 3 days.
So I thank The Master Rain Maker for his blessings.
Jess

Beth C:
Like the song says, rain is a good thing! It\'s rained several times here, too, and things are turning green again. Temps have been running low-mid 90\'s, not terrible for this time of year, but we have 3 wildfires that, while not close enough to directly threaten us, are producing a lot of smoke. We got a good rain last night, hope that helps with them. I feel so bad for the poor guys out there fighting them in this heat...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version