Author Topic: Badger Poultry Show Meet  (Read 2640 times)

Mike Gilbert

Badger Poultry Show Meet
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »
We had a nice show Saturday, and it was made extra special because Michael Muenks, wife Anastasia, and daughters Eva and Lucy attended.   We had a nice breakfast together at the local Ramada Inn\'s restaurant Sunday morning and talked about a number of issues.   I will let Michael fill you in when he is ready to do that.   With regard to the Ameraucana meet, wife Mary and I were busy operating the food concession all day, so I never did get to see all the birds.   A  Black Ameraucana large fowl male took Champion AOSB, but I failed to get the name of the exhibitor.    I only know that much as I was responsible for taking photos of all the birds on champion row.   I believe there was only one Ameraucana bantam, a black, shown besides my own, and mine went no further.   They didn\'t get groomed after I cooped them in Friday evening, as it was too busy.   My wheaten pullet went BB and a December blue cockerel RB in the bantams.   This was the final show for the Badger Poultry Club.    We are forming a new poultry club in my area and have purchased all the cooping and equipment.   So we plan to have a show much closer to home the first Saturday of June, 2012, good Lord willing.   We had around 1150 entries for this show, not bad considering the late spring date.  It\'s tough to have birds in condition then.