Author Topic: Fowl Stuff  (Read 11051 times)

John

Fowl Stuff
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Our Fowl Stuff nest boxes are now available.  These are a completely new-original-unique design...like no one has made nest boxes like these before.  They are Made in U.S.A. and are not some chintzy nest box.  Fowl Stuff 100% plastic nest boxes have many advantages over metal and wood ones.
We are keeping the prices low and hope you will consider buying some (we need to pay the bills).  Go to Fowl Stuff to get the low down and order.  Several poultry supply retailers are selling them and more are wanted.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Fowl Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Do you sell direct?? And give a small discount to ABC members?

Jean

Mike Gilbert

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »
Hey, I saw the FULL PAGE AD in Poultry Press.   Way to John, the entrepreneur I never was.   Congratulations on your new enterprise.  They look good!

Beth C

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »
Love them!

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
Jean, If we do retail them ourselves someday we\'ll have to make sure we don\'t sell for less than our dealers do.  

Mike Gilbert

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:09 PM »
There is a nice two page article with photos in the current issue of Backyard Poultry.   The subject is the development of the Fowl Stuff plastic nestbox, and the well written article was authored by John Blehm.    Congratulations!

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »
Thanks Mike.  My writing skills aren\'t great, but somehow I get by in life.
It was very kind of Elaine, from Backyard Poultry magazine, to include my article.  Ameraucanas got honorable mention and we also have a 1/3 page ad in BYP.  
There is another full page ad in the August Poultry Press and it is in color.  The advertising budget is spent for now.
We now have 9 retailers and several more that are thinking about selling the nest boxes.
I have a 5 1/2 minute YouTube video on the FowlStuff.com site that explains more about the nest boxes.
The covers & perches also fit some 3 1/2 gallon pails and are great for bantams and pigeons.
We\'ll soon try to get the covers & perches into retail stores.  We are putting them in carded bags to hang on hooks.  
We\'ll have a display at Indy to show them to the poultry public and I think that at least 3 retailers will offer them for sale there.
We also have donated 6 complete Fowl Stuff nest boxes as awards for the ABC national.  

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
If anyone missed the article in Backyard Poultry magazine they can read it online and even forward it to a friend that may be considering nest boxes.  Just click on the link below.  
http://backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/6/6-4/a_nest_box_with_a_21st_century_design.html

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Fowl Stuff
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »
Just watched your video!  Very professional!

How are sales going?
Jean

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
How are sales going?

They started out great after the ads and article, but have slowed way down.  
We\'ll have a display at the Indy show and I think about 3 of our retailers will have them for sale there.  I\'m hoping that will make many more aware of them.
We\'ve had a few folks asking if they will work in their chicken \"tractors\", so the eggs can be gathered from outside the tractor or coop.  We should have that version of the nest box available in a few days.

Mike Gilbert

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
I had never watched the Youtube video on the Fowlstuff website before today.   Very nice!   Now we can all see and listen to John 24/7 if we so desire!   Seriously, great job!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
Fowl Stuff
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
I\'m going to get a couple of the fronts and bring them home from Indy!!!!

I just put a link to your site on a backyard chicken forum topic that was talking about nest boxes.......
Jean

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:22 PM »
Some folks want to know if our nest boxes will work in Chicken Tractors so they can collect thier eggs from outside the tractors.  Kathy and I came up with some modifications to your standard nest box unit that makes it work for these chicken tractors or even conventional chicken coops.
http://youtu.be/wVqxfPi13KU

Beth C

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:53:58 AM »
Great job on both the nests & the videos!

I know you aren\'t selling direct just yet, but do you sell to small retailers? I\'ll mention it to Stan and see if he\'s interested in putting a couple in the store.

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »
We\'re retailing them on our website and on ebay, besides wholesaling to several poultry supply retailers that are listed on our site.
We\'re hoping to get \"farm\" type stores to retail them and have the covers & perches in bags with header cards for them to hang on thier store racks.  We just haven\'t had time to pursue this very much yet.