Author Topic: Fowl Stuff  (Read 11110 times)

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
We will have a display of Fowl Stuff nest boxes setup at the Crossroads show in Indy and I think there will be 3 poultry supply companies there selling them.  If you are going and are interested in buying some, this is your chance to get some and save on shipping costs.
As we devote more time and space to the Fowl Stuff business I\'ve decided to cut way back on the hatchery business.
The Fowl Stuff sales aren\'t enough at this point to justify putting up another building, but it requires a lot of space to store all the nest boxes and related items.  By cutting back on birds and incubators we can move the \"stuff\" out of the garage & house and into the sheds/barns.  We\'ll do that after the 2012 hatching season is over, but the ChickHatchery.com domain name is for sale now.  Please contact me if you would like to make an offer. :D

Mike Gilbert

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
John, does that mean you are closing down the hatchery business?  If not, which varieties will you be offering in the future?

John

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »
Not sure...I plan to sell the incubators after the 2012 hatching season and maybe just keep one for personal use and to maybe sell a few orders for chicks.  The office and hatchery area will be used for Fowl Stuff stuff.  
I\'ll keep the bantam buff, silver and lavender varieties and probably the same in LF.  I think the Chanteclers will be gone too.  That will free up half of the chicken barn for the tractor, UTV, lawnmower, etc.

OldChurchEggery

Fowl Stuff
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »
I\'m sorry to hear you\'ll be largely shutting down the chick operation, but congratulations on the business success with Fowl Stuff! The Virginia Poultry Breeders Association show is coming up next month, so I think I\'ll order a couple of the next box kits. One for the raffle and one for me!

John

Re: Fowl Stuff
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
Just a little update...
I know I planned to "cut way back on the hatchery", but I haven't yet.  The nesting box business is doing well, but it didn't need all the space I thought it would so I've been able to keep my little hatchery going.  The office area, next to it, is used for egg storage for a few months during the hatching season and also gets used for the Fowl Stuff business.  Plus, my heart doctors seem more optimistic than they did the last couple years.  There were several reasons for the plan to cut back and I will continue to, but it won't be lickity split.  I have dropped the LF wheatens for 2013, so that gets me down to 4 varieties of LF Ameraucanas, 3 varieties of bantams and 3 varieties or LF Chanteclers for next year. 
The Chick Hatchery domain is still for sale.  I've had a couple folks interested, but not enough to make an offer.  I've sold a couple incubators and have the rest listed on the Saginaw Craig's List.  I'll make some or buy more if I need them.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Re: Fowl Stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »
Well, that is good news.  What's good for the soul must be good for the heart...(raising birds)

I might have to get one last order in for next year!  :)
Jean