The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Breeding

Female possibly male not sure

(1/2) > >>

mustangsaguaro:
I have a 4 1/2 mo old pullet that appears to be showing some male feathers. Specifically saddle feathers. I may just be imagining this but was looking at her today and my other 2 pullets (same age) I have, and they don\'t have the same type of feathers she/he has. She clucks and boks like a female, but these feathers have me stumped. Am I just imagining things? Please tell me it\'s just my eyes playing tricks on me. The other thing I noticed w/ this one is his/her pea comb is more red than the other 2.

Are these saddle feathers I\'m seeing or am I imagining things (above pics)?

Here\'s a pic of his/her face and body so you can see.

Finally here is another pic of one of my other pullets for comparison

Mike Gilbert:
It is a cockerel.   Looks nothing like a pullet to me.

mustangsaguaro:

--- Quote from: Mike Gilbert ---It is a cockerel.   Looks nothing like a pullet to me.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. The funny thing is I have yet to hear this bird try to crow. You would think at 4 1/2 mos. he would have started crowing by now. Also, as I stated this bird makes noises like the females which really had me stumped. The three that I have are so friendly that they are literally at my feet when I come in there pen. This is the friendliest group of birds I have ever had.

Guest:
Looks like a male to me too, starting to develop long tail feathers and comb is quite large. They can fool you sometimes! Dawn Clifford

Birch Run Farm:
Boy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version