Author Topic: LF Lavender  (Read 3151 times)

angora831

LF Lavender
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:31:01 PM »
It may be a little early, but I thought that I would put a feeler out now for a LF Lavender male.  I am trying to recoved from a coon attack this last spring and the Lavender eggs that I was able to hatch all turned out to be female (only 4).  I am looking for a LF lavender cockeral or cock to use next spring or a split Lavender if those are available ,too.  I am looking for a male that might throw some larger chicks because I am lacking some size in our current pullets /hens.  
I will be attending the National in Indy at the end of October and could pick the bird up then.

Thanks,
Ken

HarryS

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
LF Lavender
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
Ken,
   If you live in the NE part of USA I will give you a male of either lavender or split,.   You did not say what state you were in.   Sorry, no shipping.   Harry
Harry Shaffer

angora831

LF Lavender
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
I am currently in the Land of OZ.  Manhattan KS to be precise.  That is why I thought I could possibly meet someone at Indy and pick it up.  Thanks for the offer though.  

John

LF Lavender
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »
Manhattan KS

Kathy and I watch The Great Food Truck Race, Sunday nights, on the Food Channel and this weekend\'s episode was filmed (I know they don\'t use film these days) in Manhattan.  Maybe if we listen very very closely we\'ll hear one of your chickens crow. :D
ABC member Koralyn live in Manhattan, Montana.

angora831

LF Lavender
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
Yes, it was a big thing for the Little Apple. They filmed that back in late July or early August.  We\'re about 13 miles out of town so Super Chicken would have to crow pretty loud to be heard in town, but if the wind is just right you never know!

Ken

crystalcreek

LF Lavender
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
I have been growing out a bunch of specifically males in one pen.  Out of about 40, I\'m down to five finalists, I\'ll pick one or two from these.  So I can probably ship you something this fall, if you are interested I can send pics.  None are perfect.  My largest one has a lower tail set, so depending on your females, that might be something you can work with.

angora831

LF Lavender
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
Were you going to be going to the Nat\'l show in Indy?  If not then we can see what we can do.

Ken