Author Topic: show calendar  (Read 2683 times)

faith valley

show calendar
« on: December 27, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »
John,

I was wondering if it is possible to add a page to the website that lists the shows that the club has placed meets at?  I know that you list them in the quarterly bulletin, but is sure would be nice to have them on hand on the website also.

I would think that we would see more ameraucana entries at shows if we had a more readily available show calendar. Plus by having it on the website, we could chat about who is going  to which shows-and that might help to increase entry numbers better too.

Just a thought
~Patty~

John

show calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:01:05 PM »
quote]I was wondering if it is possible to add a page to the website that lists the shows that the club has placed meets at?[/quote]
The answer is yes.  The problem is that it would require continual updating and I\'m trying to keep it simple.  A problem with many websites is that they are not updated regularly and it shows.  I have tried to keep the site very generic when it comes to dated material, mean while linking it with this forum so that we can be right up to date.  The ABC Sharing place has a listing of shows, but it is relies of the participants to keep it up to date, rather than a webmeister.  
On the plus side the ABC was one of the first breed clubs to have a website and message board (ABC Sharing Place).  Now we also have this forum and a lot of folks that haven\'t joined this forum (\"guests\") are reading it on a regular basis.
 :)