Author Topic: National Meet Results  (Read 23799 times)

Mike Gilbert

National Meet Results
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »
Thank you Paul, for a great comprehensive report.  Thanks to John for posting photos.  Correct me if I\'m wrong, but didn\'t Jensen\'s black large fowl make it to Champion Row?   If that is correct, that is quite an accomplishment for this size of a show, as there were a LOT of AOSB\'s.   Ameraucanas ranked number 7 in terms of total numbers among the 35 chicken breed clubs holding a national meet.   I\'m very pleased with the 3rd best showing of that Brown Red large fowl cock of Jim\'s, as it is the only variety of Ameraucana large fowl I have been working with for a number of years.  He had that bird in great condition.   Also very pleased with the BB black bantam cock bird in the junior show shown by Gabby Dingman, as she had purchased that bird along with two pullets at Red Stag Acres last spring, and has already raised and won at other shows with their progeny.   They are also taking their birds to the Ohio National.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
National Meet Results
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »
Yes Mike,

Jensen\'s bird was Reserve AOSB!!!!

Didn\'t you breed that nice brown red too that Jim shows?  If so, a win for him is a win for you.......  B)
Jean

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »
Hey Paul,

Can I plagerize some of your report on the National for our Poultry Press article???????
Jean

faith valley

National Meet Results
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
Paul,

Thanks for the wonderful report on the show, beautifully written.

We had a great time visiting with everyone that passed through the \"Ameraucana Central\".  It was fun to get to see everyone and enjoy chatting.  Paul, can you post the photo of the \"strutting peacock\" that passed by our sales table.  I am sure others may want to enjoy that photo as well.  Great times~  great bunch of members.

Patty

lorpman

National Meet Results
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
Yes, the Brown Red cock was one of two I got from Mike Gilbert about a year and a half ago.  The other one was BV Brown Red at our national in Kentucky in 2010 and also Champion land foul at our state fair in 2011.  The one shown at Crossroads was RV in Kentucky and had not been shown since.  Thanks Mike for sharing the best.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
  I didn\'t know that Jensen\'s black pullet won reserve AOSB!  I was busy taking photos of all the BV and RV and didn\'t follow-up on the final outcome of the show.

Anyone who wants to use any part or all of the info we posted about the national meet is welcome to do so.  If you read it before Friday morning Nov. 4-there were somethings I forgot to mention that were added at the end.

We will try to get all the photos on tonight-including that wonderful peafowl!
Paul Smith

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:32 PM »
I want to give a giant THANK YOU to Bob and Theresa Walchak for manning the Club table for the many hours they put in during the show.

I also extend that THANK YOU to Paul and Angela Smith for all the work they do at our Nationals.  They always take photos, write down the winners info, number of birds shown, etc.  

Both of these families are examples of the kind of people that make the ABC the best breed club there is!!!!!

And you too Michael, where would we be without you??????
Jean

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
National Meet Results
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
Jean, We just wanted to say thaks soooo much for the egg awards,  They are so cool, we have them sitting out for everyone to see.  Jerry and Jake

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 10:38:41 PM »
Larry Clionsky performing his peacock dance he learned in Scotland while resting from playing the bagpipes!

Paul Smith

DaydreamsFarm

National Meet Results
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »
Great Pictures!  Thanks  :D

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
ABC Awards Ceremony
Paul Smith

John

National Meet Results
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »
Larry Clionsky performing his peacock dance he learned in Scotland while resting from playing the bagpipes!

Paul,
What a great laugh...that is too cool!
As much as I\'m looking forward to seeing the photos of the winning birds I\'m glad you posted the people photos first.  
I didn\'t know, at the show, that Angela was sick and just figured she wanted to stand there smiling while you did all the talking.  Kathy told me on the drive home that she pretty much lost her voice and we\'re hoping she is over it by now.

John

National Meet Results
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
A couple more...

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
ABC National Open Large Fowl

Paul Smith