Author Topic: In need of a Black Rooster...  (Read 3888 times)

FLFAmeraucanas

In need of a Black Rooster...
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
Well, apperantly, I have the worlds worst luck with roosters. About a week ago I found my back up-back up rooster had wedged himself into my haymile, got trapped, and died, then last night my back up rooster just plain old fell over dead.  Only thing I can figure is a bad reaction to the LT IVAX, or stress from all the uproar while I was vaxing everyone.  Either way I am down to 1 black rooster, and that makes me VERY nervous!  I need a good LF black rooster to rotate between my lavender and BBS pens.  Does anyone have a correct black rooster/cockerel or two for sale? Please let me know if so, how much, and if you aren\'t local, do you ship?  Pics would be great too!  Only thing is I have to wait about 27 more days until I can bring a new guy(s) in since I just vaccinated a few days ago.  I wanted to get started searching now though, in case my horrendous luck continues!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crystalcreek

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »
How about a fast feather lav split for your lav pen?  Out of daughters of pure black girls I got from Paul Smith.  I have a couple that are Dec 1 hatch.  I know it wouldn\'t work for your BBS pen, but might be a good idea for the other (I have a FF lav male, also).

John

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »
bad reaction to the LT IVAX

There shouldn\'t be a waiting period with that vaccine as far as I know.
http://ameraucana.org/abcforum/index.php?a=topic&t=584

FLFAmeraucanas

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »
John- I think you you are right!  It says  (after rereading the instructions) that it doesn\'t shed.  I just wasn\'t sure if the stress of shipping/change of enviroment and being exsposed to my birds having been recently vaccinated would cause a problem for a new bird?  My luck is pretty crummy! I\'ve only vaccinated for LT for 2 years and I can\'t remember which version I used last time (that was 3 years ago). Do you think it would be fine?  What about when I have to mix the unvaccinated birds (under 4 weeks at the time of vaccinating) with the older vaccinated birds? Do I need to wait?

Crystal Creek- I\'m gonna send you an email :)

Still on a search for a black LF Rooster.

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »
Where are you located? Might be able to help you out on the black cockerel but can\'t ship.
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms

John

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
Do I need to wait?

I know some won\'t agree, but I wouldn\'t wait with that vaccine.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »
Quote from: FLFAmeraucanas
Well, apperantly, I have the worlds worst luck with roosters. About a week ago I found my back up-back up rooster had wedged himself into my haymile, . . .

What the heck is a haymile?   I was born and raised on a farm but have never heard of one.

FLFAmeraucanas

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »
far- I\'m in western Pa.  I forgot our locations don\'t show up under our user names! Where are you?

John-Thank you!

Mike- My spelling might be off.  I don\'t have a a hay loft, ours is stacked across from my stalls.  So I just call it our haymile.  Maybe it\'s just a local thing?  I tell you what during hay season it FEELS like we\'ve stacked Hay for MILES :)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
Here in Wisconsin we just call it a hay pile or stack of hay.
Thanks for enlightening me.

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
Debbie - click the poster\'s name and it will transfer you to their profile. You can then find out where they are located (if that information is provided). Of course, I just now figured that out for myself before I replied!
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms