Author Topic: 2012 National Agricultural Classification Survey  (Read 15801 times)

Tailfeathers

2012 National Agricultural Classification Survey
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »
That\'s the one John that I was just referring to in another thread I just made a post to.  

You referred to the \"Nanny State\" in a previous thread somewhere and it reminds me of something I recently heard.  Some pundit was talking about the state of the country today and how everything really boils down to two ideologies.  That, in and of itself, didn\'t surprise me.  What did surprise me was when he said the two ideologies have to do with the role of Gov\'t.  One side believes in personal responsibility and individuality while the other believes in Big Government and Entitlements.  

Given what\'s happened over the last four years and the most recent comment about \"more flexibility\" after the election, I\'m VERY concerned about the future of this country and keeping the Gov\'t out of our lives.

God Bless,

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
2012 National Agricultural Classification Survey
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Read \"The Hunger Games\".  I know there is a movie out, but I haven\'t seen it.  I read the book.

Even subsistence hunting and gathering is a crime in the book.
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

vanalpaca

Re: 2012 National Agricultural Classification Survey
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
This survey was due Feb 5th and I filled it out until the last pages, then it started asking about info from my income tax filing for year 2012, which I haven't filed my taxes yet, so I stopped and didn't send it in. I usually file extended and those aren't due until OCTOBER!!

If they stop by this address in town, they won't find any farming activity as that is 25 miles away in a different county. But I figure they got my name address cause I file a farm form on the taxes for the alpacas.

They want to know if I have poultry, sell eggs or hatching eggs, chicks, etc etc. I figure since I don't take any of that on the farm form, I don't report it. Why should I have to tell uncle sam if I sold one dozen eggs last year for $2. What happened to a farmers wife being able to keep her egg money as hidden extra income that even her hubby isn't allowed to know about??

Of course, now that I have missed their deadline, I always have a plate of cookies ready.....

John

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
This year I just filled in my name and the date on the address page and returned it with a post-it note explaining the information they are requesting in personal.  They sent another, a few days ago, with a letter trying to bring me around to their way of thinking.  I did the same thing and requested that they remove me from their mailing list using a post-it note. 

vanalpaca

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
I guess I could mail in the incomplete one...

One would think that if they put down a deadline, it would mean something, guess not...

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
I mailed mine in a couple of days after their arbitrary deadline.  I estimated many of the numbers since they only use it for macro reporting and policy making.   

Beth C

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
Strange, I still haven't received one. Although I just received my 3rd jury summons in 13 months, so the gov't is aware I exist...