Author Topic: A lesson in tails....  (Read 8284 times)

Mike Gilbert

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
No to the first, but she may have a little too much cushion.
Can\'t tell about the second one because of the angle, but I don\'t think so.  Is it the same bird?  

crystalcreek

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
They are ALL the same bird.  I shipped her to TN this week, so those are all the pictures I have.

crystalcreek

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Same bird again.  Not bad for a bird in molt.

OldChurchEggery

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »
Thank you all for posting these pictures. It\'s definitely helpful to have a visual representation in vivo of all the drawings and descriptions.

crystalcreek

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »
The pictures of my lavs are not intended to be representative of the \"ideal\".  This female has many faults, as so many in this project do.  She is merely a link in the chain toward the end goal of an Ameraucana specimen of proper type/conformation/size/producer of proper egg color, etc. that just happens to be the color lavender.  It\'s a work in progress.  At 4lbs 7oz, she is up to standard weight for females, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.  

John

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »
without the two copies of recessive white,

But you did say two copies of recessive white and that is what I was building on.  

a work in progress

There is a quote I\'ve used many times.  Some years it seemed as if there was no progress.  Remember 2 steps forward and 1 step back still gets us closer to that goal of perfection (in a bird) that we will never achieve.

dixieland

A lesson in tails....
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »
Quote from: John

a work in progress

There is a quote I\'ve used many times.  Some years it seemed as if there was no progress.  Remember 2 steps forward and 1 step back still gets us closer to that goal of perfection (in a bird) that we will never achieve.

The sheer fact that we are honest and upfront in evaluating our breeding stock is wonderful in itself..... The ability to bounce our breeding ideas back and forth is also great....

David, Mom (Carolyn) & I are all excited to be a part of this work in progress!!!