Author Topic: Chickens magazine article  (Read 3744 times)

John

Chickens magazine article
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »
I received a complimentary copy on Chickens magazine from Hobby Farms in today\'s mail.  There is an article about blue egg laying chickens that starts on page 48.  Both Mike Gilbert and I are quoted by the author.  She did a fine job.  One mistake that stands out to me is the photo on page 51 that details the Breed Profile of the Araucana looks like a British Araucana. ;)

dixieland

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
Awesome!!! I will go out and find a copy!!!!!   B)

John

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »
Jess,
I\'m not necessarily endorsing the magazine.  I just posted the information since the article does relate to us and even gives our ABC website address as a place to go to learn more.
As I said before...positive FREE promotion is good.
I don\'t subscribe to any magazines, other than Poultry Press, but have been getting free copies of those we advertise our Fowl Stuff nest boxes and Chick Hatchery in.  Maybe we\'ll donate some to a doctor\'s office for folks to read. ;)

dixieland

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »
Quote from: John
 I just posted the information since the article does relate to us and even gives our ABC website address as a place to go to learn more.
As I said before...positive FREE promotion is good.

I agree 100%.. I just want it for my data collection since it mentions the club and quotes you & Mike... That is VERY VERY COOL!!!

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »
Maybe I\'ll have to go to the doctor more often to read the free magazines. Better yet, maybe I can just hang out in the lobby!
Gordon Gilliam

John

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
Kathy pointed out to me this morning that this is the May/June issue, so I doubt it is out yet.  \"Chickens\" is a fairly new publication by Hobby Farms (BowTie Inc) and I don\'t think they have subscriptions yet.
I wrote an article a few years ago for Backyard Poultry Magazine and Chickens wanted to do one like it.  It basically compares Ameraucanas, Araucanas and Easter Eggers.  

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
I read the article a few years ago when I was given a subscription by my brother. Great stuff. If a person didn\'t know the difference between true ameraucanas and easter eggers, they had no excuse after reading the article. Clear and to the point!
Gordon Gilliam

dixieland

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
That was also one of the first articles I read a few years ago when I was researching our breed....It\'s a great resource for our breed!!!