The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Save your coop cards

(1/3) > >>

Beth C:
At my first show, someone suggested I save my coop cards, which I do, although I mostly thought of them as souvenirs until I ran into a discrepancy at a recent show. According to the coop card, my bird placed BB but the show report listed a different bird. Have you guys ever had this happen?

bantamhill:
I always save mine and normally type my own little report for posterity. I have not personally had show report issues, but I experience them all the time as secretary. Most of the time it is because the judge\'s recorder got off a line. :stare:

Michael

Beth C:
I was glad I kept my cards, and that I also had a picture of my bird taken after judging, with the card still on her cage.

--- Quote from: bantamhill --- Most of the time it is because the judge\'s recorder got off a line. :stare:

Michael
--- End quote ---

It\'s easy to see how that could happen, since this is an itty-bitty club putting on a great big (proportionately, anyway) show. It was really impressive to see what a group of 45 people (if their website is accurate) can accomplish!

Jean:
I have kept all of mine; but how did you get to see the show report?  I have never seen one, except the ABC reports and I think my APA points are off.

I do know that if your name is spelled incorrectly or your business name is used at a show, the computer program that calculates the points won\'t recognize you.

Beth C:
I didn\'t see it, and wouldn\'t have known if the results hadn\'t been published in our bulletin, showing another bird as the winner. I contacted their club secretary and she checked the clerks tickets and confirmed that they matched what had been reported to the club. I sent her a copy of my coop card, and she\'s going to check into it. There were only 4 Ameraucanas in open, so it doesn\'t hurt me, but it\'s a bit unsettling that, had it not been in the bulletin, I probably wouldn\'t have ever known...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version