Author Topic: Membership Renewals and Forum Access  (Read 3556 times)

bantamhill

Membership Renewals and Forum Access
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
We are getting close to the time of the year when we delete non-renewing memberships from the Forum. If you are planning to renew your ABC membership for 2012, please be aware that I have targeted March 16th as the day to begin removing former Club members from the Forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Michael

bantamhill

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
Bump!

John

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »
Dozens of former club members from 2011 didn\'t renew club membership for 2012.  It should be done by the first of each year, but being the nice guys we are we gave them extra time to renew before deleting them from the forum.  :D
Now it is done.  Their posts are still on the forum, but the posts are attributed to \"guest\" since the ex-member\'s username, signature, etc. has been deleted.
Some that chose not to renew were a surprise to me.  They had been with the ABC for several years and active on the forum.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
John, as you know, we had the same experience with the Chantecler Fanciers Club this year.   I attribute at least part of it to the lousy economy, maybe less leisure time for some,
and the high costs of travel to shows now.  If the best newsletter in the business that Michael puts out won\'t stimulate enough interest to continue as a member, I don\'t know what will.   And there seems to be plenty of activity on this forum.

dixieland

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
Sorry to report that you are stuck with us through 2012....... ;)

John

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »
The part that surprised me was that a few or several that didn\'t renew were ones that I thought were in for the long haul.
I was club secretary for many years and it was common for almost 1/2 the members to not renew each year, but then during the course of the year we would get more than enough new members to make up for them and the club kept growing.
I know not everyone was in agreement to limit forum membership to only club members, but I do believe that has proved to be a good move.

vanalpaca

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »
I\'m new to the club, I can\'t promise to be here forever, but I sure hope I will.

I did order the chicken genetics book and a coop book so I hope to be building soon for my Ameraucana Chicks I am so \'patiently\' waiting for....