The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Size in LF

<< < (5/5)

jerryse:

--- Quote from: Schroeder ---Jerry, can you get real basic for me?  If I put a LF WA over my LF SA\'s, I will have all splits.  Then when I breed the splits to each other what percentage of each will I get, and will it be difficult to identify the pure Silvers from the undesirables?
--- End quote ---
                Ok will try.In theory 25% should inherit the correct striped chick pattern.Half of these may be red [light brown] if rooster has black striped hackle/saddle.BB red if no striping.Most will be inbetween the two.Cull any light colored striped chicks as they carry the Inwheaten gene.Any striped chicks kept should be culled further for wheaten feathering traits.White beard in males and the classic splotching pattern of wheaten plumage.Females the same cull any with wheaten juvenile plumage pattern.In theory 25% will be pure for the wheaten gene.This will be 1/2 wheaten and 1/2 silver wheaten or salmon if red shouldered.May have some black striping [non standard for the wheaten family] as this is bred out of the wheaten family.The remaining 50% should be intermediate in color between silver and wheaten.50% carrying silver 50% red.Many or the males will be split for silver/gold due the sex linked nature of silver/gold.If what I found in LF silvers last year holds true these will visually be silver.I reported it as dominate silver last year but now think stay silver is a better term.Taking this idea from the stay white trait in whites of many breeds.This is a to take in at once.Hope it helps.If any mistakes were made in percentages I am sure someone will catch and correct it for me.

jerryse:
I see a couple of typos.Poor proof reading.Hope you can still understand the meaning

Schroeder:
I have so much to learn about genetics.  It would be great to have a Genetics 101 class at the national meet.

dixieland:

--- Quote from: Schroeder ---I have so much to learn about genetics.  It would be great to have a Genetics 101 class at the national meet.
--- End quote ---

I AGREE!!! And we have some of the BEST teachers right here in our club!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version