The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Breeding

Laced Blue Ameraucana

<< < (36/36)

Russ:
I was just wondering how this project is going? Have not heard much about it lately ???

Max:
I hope I'm not hijacking Christies thread.  She has the lead and hopefully has some F2's almost grown by now. I am about to get started on this project and just wanted to share some pics of my Andalusians. 

Cesar “CJ”:

--- Quote from: Christie Rhae on November 05, 2013, 07:21:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mike Gilbert on November 05, 2013, 06:26:42 PM ---

Was not the Kippen calculator developed in Europe?   Where they have no Ameraucanas?   So how would they know?   As a matter of fact, short of DNA testing, how would anyone know?  I would not place a lot of trust in these on-line calculators once you get past the very basics.   I believe there is a lot of guesswork built into them.

--- End quote ---

Yes I agree.  Do you think the calculations are accurate?  I mean after you sort of guess what genes your bird has and manually put that in? 

I can already tell that how things work out on paper is not always how they work in real life...just with my first generation.  Guess that's what makes it so interesting!

--- End quote ---

Hi Chrisite, I was wondering if there was an update on your project. How did your F2 come out?

Lee G:
I'm not sure how I missed Max's post showing off his blue Andalusians, but oh lala...such exquisite lacing almost takes my breath away!  8)

I'm still searching for the right bird (and genes) to introduce lacing into my flock, but in the meantime will be living vicariously through all of you. Sure would be great to hear (and see) how everyone's lacing projects are coming along!  :D

Cesar “CJ”:
Is there any upadate about this topic. I know Cliff Redden is working on his too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version