Author Topic: Laced Blue Ameraucana  (Read 89762 times)

Chicklover

Re: Laced Blue Ameraucana
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
Just candle the first of my F1 for this project looking good should have some here in about 10 days. The next batch is a week after that and the third batch is going in in about 3 days.

Christie Rhae

« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »
Just candle the first of my F1 for this project looking good should have some here in about 10 days. The next batch is a week after that and the third batch is going in in about 3 days.

That is awesome. Post pics when they hatch so we can see their chick down phenotype??
My andalusian eggs from Tom Roebuck have lots of veins and swimmer.  Crossing fingers!
My black chicks from John Blehm are growing like crazy.  They are at that goofy gangly stage.  I put them into an outside pen today.  Gotta clear out room in my brooder for the andalusians!  Again.. crossing fingers.  :oD

Chicklover

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2012, 07:30:35 PM »
The first chick is picking thru and I will have 3 more batches over the next 3 weeks. Will post pics when they get here.

Christie Rhae

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
I have blue andalusians!!  Omg...6 months of working on it and finally have some in my possession.  Now to let them grow up THEN I can start on this project... sheesh...

Beth C

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
Yay!! Congratulations! :)

Chicklover

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »
I have the first of the F1 on this project. 1 that is a week old and 4 that are just a day old. I will be posting pic later today on this but they appear to have more white or cream on them then normal. The week old chick is out of Blue Andalusion Cockeral on a Blue Ameracana hen. The second batch are from a Black Ameracana Cock on Slash Andalusion pullets and some from the first group also.  I have more to hatch on Sunday for the next 4 weeks. Off to a good start. Hoping for some pullets in the group.

Chicklover

« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
Here are some of the F1 pictures from Black Ameraucana  Cock on Slash Andalusions  pullets and from a Blue Ameraucana Hen on a Blue Andalusion.

Christie Rhae

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2012, 01:12:09 AM »
Awesome!  I might be there in 7 months.  lol

Christie Rhae

« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
Blue Andalusian update:
Here are some of my andalusian chicks!  They are 6 weeks old.  I thought I would post these pics so that we can see what 6 week old chicks look like that are carrying all the pattern genes that we want in our laced blue ameraucanas.
One day far in the future I hope to be hatching blue ameraucanas that will have this awesome lacing.

Chicklover

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
Here are a few pics of the F1's from my Ameraucana's and Andalusions. Hope to have F2's in January

heatherscooby77

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2012, 12:17:30 AM »
This is what I got when I hatched some Blue Andalusians.  I scrapped the whole hatch.  I don't want the hens passing red leakage onto their sons.  I kept one hen and put her in my egg flock.  Going to use Silver Laced Wyandottes.  I have had some for years.  I actually have some crosses already.  I will cross brother and sister in the spring.  I am trying to find a Silver Laced Cockerel/Cock to use this fall.  I am not having much luck.  I don't want to breed brother and sister.  I want to cross with opposite crosses to keep the genes fresh.  As soon as I can, I will get some pics of the crosses.  I have a black cockerel that has white "speckles" right now, and 2 pullets.  One is black the other is blue.  No sign of "speckles' yet.  I have this one hen that is old as dirt.  She is a SLW x Blue Andalusian cross.  She lays a pretty large pink egg.  She is black with a lot of white in her feathers.  I am thinking of putting her with my splash rooster, and seeing what happens???  I have some of the eggs in the incubator now actually now that I am thinking of it.  This hen, her name is Tippy lays an egg everyday!!!  I will see if I have any pics of her.

heatherscooby77

« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
This is Tippy.  Silver Laced Wyandotte x Blue Andalusian.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
Here's a picture (I just took today) of one of my blue pullets. She was hatched March 15th so she is now 5 and a half months old. I'm happy to see she ended up with the color she has since she was pretty dark the first 4 months. Thank you, Paul, for teaching me not to be too quick to judge them before 5-6 months old.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »
To my novice eye it looks like you've got a pretty good pullet there, Sharon.
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms

heatherscooby77

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »
Sharon she is beautiful!  I am taking notice that the hens with the darkest head seam to have the best edging/lacing.  I have a pullet that looks a lot like yours color wise and, I am very thrilled with her.