Author Topic: Infertility question  (Read 9673 times)

crystalcreek

Infertility question
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
I\'m just trying to visualize how in the world they collected and measured their data for that study......  never mind, I don\'t think I want to know!

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Infertility question
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Quote from: crystalcreek
I\'m just trying to visualize how in the world they collected and measured their data for that study......  never mind, I don\'t think I want to know!

I\'m with you. I don\'t want to know. The first hatch I did this year, I had her and 2 others in with my alpha male. I had collected 7 eggs each and set 21. The 14 other eggs were all fertile, but none of hers were.

I then waited a month and put her and her sisters in with another male and it was pretty much the same story. I first thought that she must be good at avoiding him, but then noticed him covering one of them from a distance so I rushed over to see who it was. I was like, \"Yea!\" when I saw that it was her...then felt stupid for cheering over such a thing. I then noticed him with her several other times so that is why I started this post because none of her eggs have been fertile.

I really think at this point, or am hoping anyway, that it was just a matter of too much butt fluff -- Okay, I know that\'s not what it\'s called, but it\'s been a stressful morning and the correct word/name isn\'t coming to me at the moment  :thinking:    

I will be sure to update this post when I see if trimming her was the answer. My current batch of eggs aren\'t supposed to hatch until April 7th, but I think I\'m going to grab today\'s egg and stick it in there so I can candle it in 5-6 days. No, I\'m not impatient...well, okay. Maybe just a little bit.

--Sharon
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Infertility question
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:02 PM »
Sharon

I know this is an old topic, but did the vent trimming help?  Did that hen ever have fertile eggs?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com