The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Forsyth Show

(1/1)

Beth C:
I am in Winston-Salem today for the Forsyth Fowl Show and wish I had called a meet because there are 10 Ameraucanas here shown by 3 different people, I *think* all members! I will likely get my butt kicked, lol, since mine have been in breeding pens and are looking a little shabby, but I am stoked to have 6 of the 8 recognized varieties represented - only silver & brown-red are missing. A few years ago you were hard pressed to find anyone in NC who had even seen one in person. :)

Beth C:
This was a great show. The last few shows there have been one or two Ameraucanas there besides mine, but the turnout this weekend was wonderful! There were 10 large fowl and 4 bantam. 7 of the 8 recognized varieties were there (I missed the silver bantams my first pass through), along with a bantam splash & bantam blue silver. There were 3 members and 1 non-member showing, plus Don, who didn\'t show (wish you\'d been there, too, Jes!) Jim Wheeler\'s black hen took BB and John Marshall\'s blue cock took RB. I took pics but my computer is still down & this one doesn\'t have a card reader, so I\'ll have to wait until it\'s fixed or I find the fire-wire I haven\'t used in years, whichever comes first.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version