Author Topic: Blacks carrying lavender gene  (Read 9575 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Blacks carrying lavender gene
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Quote from: Sharon Yorks
I bought the 4, 5, & 6. That will get you through the first month which gives me plenty of time to decide which ones I want to keep or sell.

I never thought about the UV rays affecting the color. All of my chicks stay indoors for the first month. Good to know and watch for, though. After a month has passed and it\'s time to move to a larger size, I like Twin City Poultry #7 plastic bandettes. Vic is very nice to work with and also ships very fast. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_24
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
Smith Poultry and Game Bird Supplies of Bucyrus, Kansas carry a good selection of spiral and numbered bands. They are just south of Kansas City.
Gordon Gilliam

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
Quote from: jeeperspeepers-r4us
I got the colored rubber bands that Sharon recomended and I love them. Easy to put on and take off. The small size is good for day olds for a couple weeks then I swithched to the next size. Non came off by themself. Down side, If left on to long they could cut off circulation.
Gets the chicks old enough for bands or quick ties.

Where do you get colored rubber bands?  I have some left over dental braces rubber bands, but they are so tiny I can\'t get them open far enough to go over the foot and the colors are limited.
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Russ

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »
Quote from: OldChurchEggery
Colored rubber bands- now that\'s a good idea. I\'ll have to try that along with toe-punching on my batch that is due to hatch this weekend. I have some LF silvers from Russ that came as shipped eggs. They must have benefited from gentle handling through the Post Office because so far they\'ve all showed development. Of course, I must resist the temptation to count them before they hatch :-)

Glad to hear that, keep me informed hope you have a great hatch =)