Author Topic: Ameraucana National Meet  (Read 17807 times)

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 05:26:52 PM »
Not too far...about 6 or 7 miles.  Just curious, why not at the host hotel just up the road?
We live in the country, 7 miles west of Frankenmuth and between Birch Run and Bridgeport which are at I-75 exits #144 and #136.  I have a Printable Local Map (PDF file) on the BCPC site -   http://baycitypoultryclub.org/  We live on Lange Rd. (gravel).  It is an east/west half mile road that starts and stops in several places.  Our place is as far west as the road goes, just before the \"ROAD ENDS\" sign.  It is only a half mile south of Townline Rd. which is a straight shot to Frankenmuth and intersects M-83 about a 1 1/2 miles south of the park where the show will be.

Blue Egg Acres

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »
Quote from: John
Just curious, why not at the host hotel just up the road?

We are using \"reward points\" we\'ve earned and are able to stay at the Holiday Inn Express for free for both nights. Otherwise, we\'d definitely stay at the host hotel.

Mike Gilbert

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »
It\'s hard to beat free.    That would be one of my all - time favorites.    Glad you are coming.

Mike G.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 11:01:13 AM »
The Poultry Press is \"the\" number one poultry publication and Bill Wulff, the owner, has always been very helpful to breed and show clubs by publishing articles that are submitted.
A month or so ago I have received a complimentary copy of the new Backyard Poultry magazine and decided to submit a press release regarding our local show club.  It is the club that is hosting the ABC National.  Anyway they have included the info in their June/July issue on page 61.
My point is we can do a lot to promote the our club and breed without spending any $.  Let\'s be inventive and take every opportunity to do so.  

Blue Egg Acres

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 02:42:13 PM »
John, I have a question regarding the Health Requirements listed on the Bay City website. Does the following apply to MI residents only, or to those coming from out of state?
\"Individual birds originating from non-National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) qualified flocks may be tested at the show or exhibition prior to being caged and housed with other poultry and if negative, be allowed to participate in the show or exhibition.  It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to arrange for such testing.\"
Someone that recently acquired chicks from me is considering joining the club and attending the show and needs to know - they live in Alabama
Thanks!  

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »
We don\'t test at the show, but the State rules allow for it.  We just say please do it before you come.  I generally include a copy of my flock test form with my entry form when entering.  Here is what is part of what it says about out-of-state birds.
All poultry imported into this state for exhibition shall meet one or both of the following requirements:
Originate directly from a U.S. pullorum-typhoid clean flock as defined in Title 9 of the Code of Federal Regulations, and all amendments to that publication thereafter adopted pursuant to rules that the director may promulgate.
Have a negative official test for salmonella pullorum-typhoid within 90 days before importation and remain segregated from all poultry of unknown or positive salmonella pullorum-typhoid test state.

I\'m sure you\'ve already read our rule about LT vaccine:
Poultry vaccinated against Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT) are allowed in the show, provided the vaccine hasn’t been administered within the six week period prior to the show date.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »
Harold Knapp and the Mrs., from NY, are going to the National meet also.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »
Curtis Beck, aka grisaboy, will be there too! :D

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »
If you plan to make a donation toward awards for the National meet, please get a check in the mail to me.
I am in the process of laying out the Show Catalog for the show and the deadline to have your donation or anything else printed in the catalog is August 15th.
I will print and mail 250 Show Catalogs by September 1st.  If you would like to take out an ad in it please get the ad info a check to me before August 15th.  A quarter page ad is $30, half page is $50 and full page is $90.
Those ABC members that I know are coming to the National meet will receive a Show Catalog from the Bay City Poultry Club.  An on-line show catalog is available also at http://baycitypoultryclub.org.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:34 PM »
I just talked to Teresa Brittnacher, our NC District Director, and she isn\'t planning on coming to the National.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
Just thought I would let you know that Jake and I are planning on coming to the Nationals also

Jerry

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »
2006 Ameraucana Breeders Club National Meet
Bay City Poultry Club – Midwest Roundup, Frankenmuth, MI
October 14th & 15th
Awards offered by: The ABC & Members

Champion Ameraucana………………………….………Rosette
Reserve Champion Ameraucana …………………Rosette
Best Display, LF or Bantam………………………….Rosette
Reserve Display, LF or Bantam……………………..Rosette
Best of Breed Bantam …………………………….……..Rosette & $20
Reserve of Breed Bantam……………………………….Rosette & $10
Best of Breed Large Fowl……………………………..…Rosette & $20
Reserve of Breed Large Fowl………………..…………Rosette & $10
Best Ameraucana - in Junior Show…………………….Rosette
Reserve Ameraucana – in Junior Show…………….Rosette
Best Bantam Trio………………………………………………...Rosette
Reserve Bantam Trio……………………………………………Rosette
Best Large Fowl Trio…………………………………………….Rosette
Reserve Large Fowl Trio……………………………………..…Rosette
Best of Variety Bantam……...Hand Painted Plate & ABC T-shirt
 Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten & White
Reserve of Variety Bantam…..Hand Painted Mug & ABC T-shirt
Best of Variety Bantam AOV…………………………………………$10
Reserve of Variety Bantam AOV………………………………….…$10
Best of Variety Large Fowl…. Hand Painted Plate & ABC T-shirt
Reserve of Variety Large Fowl.Hand Painted Mug & ABC T-shirt
Best of Variety Large Fowl AOV………………..……………………$10
Reserve of Variety Large Fowl AOV…………………………………$10
 The above cash prizes were donated by Mike Gilbert of WI,
 Paul & Angela Smith of TX and Harold Knapp of NY.
 ABC T-shirts were donated by John Blehm of MI.
Best Ameraucana from each ABC District.............$20 each
 donated by Larry Clionsky of PA.
Best Bantam Hen Eggs……………………………..………….. Rosette
Best Bantam Pullet Eggs………………………………..……… Rosette
Best Large Fowl Hen Eggs…………………………………..…. Rosette
Best Large Fowl Pullet Eggs………………………………..... Rosette
Club Member that Traveled Farthest.................... Plauqe

Only ABC Members are eligible for these awards.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »
I am recommending that the ABC have a silent auction at the National meet and not a raffle.  I suggest that we only offer several items that are extra nice.  One item that will be auctioned is the ABA blue wheaten portraits.  They cost $500 and that money was donated by several members.
The host club is having a large raffle with many premium prizes as a fundraiser for them.  I mean they (or we, since I\'m a member) have some great prizes!!!

I\'ve told the other members of our Bay City Poultry Club to expect 200 Ameraucanas...please help us achieve that goal.  

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »
This afternoon I picked up the awards that the show club is offering at our National meet.  Here is one that you could win with the right Ameraucana.
It\'s a bit out of focus and has some glare, but you get the idea.

John

Ameraucana National Meet
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »
Show Catalogs were mailed on August 29th.  They were sent to all ABC members in MI, IL, IN, WI, PA, OH and MN, plus others that I know plan to attend.  I\'ve heard from some that they have not received their Show Catalogs yet.  Entry Forms must be postmarked by September 30th.  If you don\'t get your Catalog in time please go to  http://www.baycitypoultryclub.org and print an Entry Form to use.  All the needed info that is in the printed Show Catalog is also available from that website.  If you know of someone that plans to attend, hasn\'t received a Catalog and doesn\'t have internet access let me know and I\'ll send an Entry Form and other info to them. :)