Author Topic: Easter Eggers for sale?  (Read 4071 times)

John

Easter Eggers for sale?
« on: February 14, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
Let me know if you are interested in a quad of bantams that I am using for the black gold project.  I have three pullets that are 1/2 buff and 1/2 brown red with a brown red cockerel that has too much lacing.  I am about finished using them and plan to get rid of them in a couple weeks if the eggs hatch from them that are in the incubators.  They are free, expect for the cost of shipping boxes, postage and $1/pound airline surcharge.

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »
John,

Could you post a picture of the black gold variety you are breeding.
Is there another breed that has the black gold color pattern?

Rooster

John

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 06:05:42 PM »
Here are three photos.  The brown red male has lacing coming all the way down his breast.  His comb is a bit too big, but the black gold is a work in progress.  The three pullets look very similar to each other.  I hatched many last year, but only kept these three to breed from.

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 10:09:15 AM »
The black gold is it buff on birchen? I have two pullets that look similar to your pictures. I will post pictures when I get time. Also is Michael (Bantam Hill) working on the black gold?

Here is the picture I promised.

Rooster

John

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 12:14:05 PM »
Greg Slayton from Arkansas called yesterday and wants the birds.
The black gold is it buff on birchen?

Yes, from what I understand the original crosses were between buff and brown red, so that is what I\'ve done so far.  Instead of using one of the F1 cockerels back over the F1 pullets I\'ve used the overlaced brown red male in the breeding project, as advised.  Next year I plan to mate the F2 birds together.
Since buff is based on wheaten I think wonder if wheaten to brown red would have produced similar results?

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 04:23:26 PM »
I am very interested in egg laying hens please let me know A.S.A.P. feel free to email me direct:

dnm12@humboldt.edu

Easter Eggers for sale?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »
John, Check in the mail, it should arrive Mon or Tues next week, please send birds at your convenience.

Greg Slayton