Author Topic: 2013 National Meet  (Read 22496 times)

Mike Gilbert

Re: 2013 National Meet
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 05:20:46 PM »
Oh, come on, people. You can't tell what that is? It's a drunk blue duck that fell flat on its face.

Yup, drowning in his own vomit.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »
Really, Jean...Dead eggs and drunk ducks drowning in vomit. You really outta be thinking a little more positive. Just saying.

Those are some really nice blue egg awards that you're making, Jean. Wait, they're not cracke-- ...um, no. Of course not. I mean-- You know, your avit-- Nah. I mean, yeah! Those are some really nice awards, Jean  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:30:38 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
Hey! Since we're on the topic of awards  :)

Let's get some thoughts on what everyone would like to see as awards for either this year and/or in the future. Has anyone seen or know of any unique or cool ideas? 
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
I sort of like the laser engraved coasters made of counter top material.   We have them done locally for our show here and have received many favorable comments.   They cost about $9 or so each.  I could take a photo and post it here if anyone is interested.  I use mine almost daily.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »
Yes, I would love to see them. Please post a picture.
Sharon Yorks

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
   Here are two of them, 4" in diameter.   They are made of a very durable material, corian, and are   
   laser engraved.    I suppose they could be made in other sizes and priced accordingly.
    Click on the photo to get a better view.  The differences in intensity/clarity is just caused by the lighting   
    for the photo.   The images in our logo were drawn by a member of our local poultry club.  I know the guy
    who makes these, so let me know if they are something you want to use and I'll get a quote - but will
    need to know how many for a cost estimate. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:07:40 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
Jean,

It has nothing to do with this topic, but Kathy and I are trying to figure out what your avatar is.  We both see an egg yoke and white, but after that we have differing opinions.  Please settle this so we can get a good night's sleep. ::)

It's a cracked egg...

Here you can see John on the left pointing because he can't figure out what it is.  Kathy is up top confused by John.  The one with the big eyes is Russ.  The spectator on the bottom is Mike.  The one with the hands over the eyes is obviously Sharon cause she can't see.  And that's me crying over the cracked egg.  :o
Jean

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

Here are two of them, 4" in diameter.   I suppose they could be made in other sizes and priced accordingly.
    Click on the photo to get a better view.

Those are pretty cool.
Jean

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
Jean - Ohhh, yes! Thanks for enlightening me. Now I can see it! It's a drunk egg drowning in his own vomit, right?

Mike - So, can we use our Ameraucana logo and somehow put the other winning information around it with the Date and such? Maybe we can get Jean to draw it out for us since she is so creative  ;D
I'd love to see what that would look like...Jean.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:53:47 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
  Certainly they can be customized.   The ones in the pictures were.  It might save a few bucks if we were to
  order sets with uniform inscriptions instead of each one individualized, e.g., BV Bantam Ameraucana instead of BV White Ameraucana Bantam, BV Black ,. . . etc.  But he'll do it any way we wish.

John

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
The artwork could be emailed to an engraver.  It is a very quick and easy process.  That is similar to how we made 2" by 3" badges for the officers before, but instead of engraving they used sublimation. 
If you do a search for "Laser Engraved Corian" you'll find several places to get quotes from to compare prices.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:01:29 PM by John »

John

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
It's a cracked egg...
That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if the shell was trying to lap up the inners that were spilled or if the inners were being expelled.
Thanks for taking all the time needed to explain and demonstrate for us. 

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
The artwork could be emailed to an engraver.  It is a very quick and easy process.  That is similar to how we made 2" by 3" badges for the officers before, but instead of engraving they used sublimation. 
If you do a search for "Laser Engraved Corian" you'll find several places to get quotes from to compare prices.

Don't forget to factor in shipping & handling; I can pick them up locally here and bring them along.

Russ

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:13 AM »
Jean,

It has nothing to do with this topic, but Kathy and I are trying to figure out what your avatar is.  We both see an egg yoke and white, but after that we have differing opinions.  Please settle this so we can get a good night's sleep. ::)

It's a cracked egg...

Here you can see John on the left pointing because he can't figure out what it is.  Kathy is up top confused by John.  The one with the big eyes is Russ.  The spectator on the bottom is Mike.  The one with the hands over the eyes is obviously Sharon cause she can't see.  And that's me crying over the cracked egg.  :o

Thats  Funny =)

John

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »
Did you notice the secret to identifying the gender of Jean's eggs?
If you study the phenotype of the egg shells you'll notice the males have noses and females don't. ;D