Author Topic: 2013 NC District Meet at the Fowl Fest!  (Read 5957 times)

John

2013 NC District Meet at the Fowl Fest!
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »
Duane has placed the NC District Meet at the Fowl Fest, October 12 - 13, in Birch Run, Michigan.  Go to the Fowl Fest site for more information about the show. It is just a few blocks off I-75 in the Birch Run Expo Center, near the Premier Outlets and about seven miles from Frankenmuth!
Several of as ABC members are also members of Chantecler Fanciers International and this will also be the CFI National Meet.  I plan to show both breeds and I can think of at least 4 other ABC/CFI members that will probably do the same.  How about you?

Thank you Duane :D

Mike Gilbert

Re: 2013 NC District Meet at the Fowl Fest!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »
  That is good news for us who keep both breeds.   Thanks Duane!

Barbara Dodington

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucanas - Marans - Silkies
    • View Profile
    • Barb's Birds
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »
I look forward to meeting both of you in person!! Won't be bringing any birds myself but I do look forward to attending the show.  (I have B/B/S stock from Jean Ribbeck.)

Barb (from Canada)

John

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »
Barb,

Are you in Ontario?  Ontario license plates are an everyday site in Birch Run and Frankenmuth.  Do you also have Chanteclers?  It will be the national meet for that breed club, so I'm sure we'll others at the show from over the border.

John

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »
The new show catalog is now live at the [urlhttp://fowlfest.org ]FowlFest.org [/url] website. 
If you want a printed copy, please let me know.

The printed ones and reminder postcards for everyone else will be in the mail in the next couple days.
Matt
You can download the show catalog and/or just the Entry Form and print them from the Fowl Fest site.  You can also download an Entry Form that you can fill out on your computer and email it in.  You can also pay via PayPal and avoid using the USPS.

Schroeder

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
I will be bringing  a few LF Wheatens/BW's. I'm sad I will miss the Nationals, but really looking forward to this one!
Duane

Russ

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
Family and I will be attending, this will be first year entering Birds. Last two years we attended were just scouting mission's ;D oh and enjoying Zehnder's Hotel and waterpark. Wait a minute or was it my wifes way of getting to the outlet mall????? I think I got scammed and didn't even know it  ???. Word to the wise DO NOT ATTEMPT to eat the world famous BLT at Tony's  :-[ It can be done (I proved it last year) but at a price  :-[ ??? :o :-\ 6lbs of bacon is way too much.....but oh was it good  ::) . May also be bringing some extra birds to sell  ;) time will tell how many will be worthy lol

John

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
Victor Hakes of Twin City Poultry Supplies will be at the Fowl Fest again.  If you place orders with him now you can pick up your merchandise at the show and save on shipping costs.  I plan to place my order for Marek's vaccine.

John

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:16:37 AM »
UPDATED 10/10/13 - fantastic Fowl Fest forecast...

Friday Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming east southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.

Friday Night Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 52. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph.

Saturday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph.

Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

And enjoy the Fowl Fest fall color tour on your way to and from!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:09:31 AM by John »

Russ

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
Great to hear such a good forecast. I have a question John, will they let me spot a trailer in the parking lot after coop in? That way I don't have to take it to Zehnders with us. I was not planning on bringing it but my dear wife put  off making reservations until this week  :o. So needless to say we had to rent a family suite so we will probably bring some extra kids with us which means more luggage and less room in vehicle  ::)

John

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »
will they let me spot a trailer in the parking lot after coop in?
I don't think that is a problem and believe a lot of folks leave their trailers, but Matt Boensch is the guy to check with.  Here is his email address: mjwaterfowl (no space here) @yahoo.com

John

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Gas was $3.27 and 9/10ths in Birch Run this evening.  It was about a dime higher at the I-75 exits south and north of Birch Run.

UPDATE 10/10/13...
It's $3.25 at Sunoco and $3.47 at Citgo, but others are still $3.27.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:25:41 PM by John »