Author Topic: Black Gold bantams  (Read 3555 times)

Mike Gilbert

Black Gold bantams
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
 I expect to show a pair of black gold Ameraucana bantams at Great Falls and they will be for sale.   Black Gold is an unrecognized color variety that is similar to brown red, except maximum gold lacing and shafting is desired.   I personally like the gold portion to be a shade of darker buff.  They are the gold version of the variety known as Silver in the Sussex breed.   This variety has been raised for many years in Europe, or so I have read.  The pullet has just started to lay and the shade of blue egg is very good.  Her mother will be retained as a breeder, as she was just an excellent layer and producer.  The cockerel is out of a different hen and is still quite young, but hopefully will be presentable by October.  Give me an email if you are interested at info@redstagacres.com .  I would like to see more members raising these so we can get them in the Standard someday.  The birds pictured here are not the ones for sale, but gives you an idea what they look like.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:05:16 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Mike Gilbert

Re: Black Gold bantams
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »
And here is what Silver Sussex look like.   Imagine Ameraucana with gold replacing the white.

[/UR[URL=http://s839.photobucket.com/user/AmeraucanaOne/media/ChBlackGoldPinSilver_zpsa85f0c83.jpg.html]L]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:59:08 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Russ

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:40:04 PM »
I like that variety's color but the only problem I have is 1 more variety just might get me a divorce Mike. No I am Serious I can not do it, I can not do it  :-\ :-\ :-\. Seriously if they are anything like the Blues I purchased last fall from you somebody is going to get a nice start. Maybe next year Mike I will have to get a trio or pair by then maybe I can figure out how to sneak them in without my wife noticing  ;D 

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
I hear you Russ.   If I was smart I would have cut down to three or four varieties years ago.   But I'm just not that smart.  My wife gave up trying to cure me years ago, and it has been happier for both of us ever since.