Author Topic: Junior Contest Ideas  (Read 7374 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Re: Junior Contest Ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
Debbie - The only problem with having people stop by to vote is that it could turn into a popularity contest where friends round up other friends to get more votes. Maybe if each item was only numbered and we had a list of ABC members attending and beside each name was a space for that person to put the number of the item they thought was the best. I don't know. We'd have to give the details more thought. Another issue we might run into is if we had a lot of entries, and then having to find room on the ABC tables to put them all.

Mike - I agree with it needing to be a "no help from parents or other adults" contest. We will mark that down on the flyer and can only trust in the honor system.

Debbie & Mike - As far as the dress up your chicken photo contest, I need to add to the flyer that there cannot be any Photoshop type touch-ups to the picture. I will also have at least 7 or 9 people judging, who will only be sent the pictures of the chicken's posing shot alone, not the one with the junior owner. This way none of the judges will know who the chicken belongs to. Since you two (Mike and Debbie) have been actively trying to help with these junior contest, if you would like to be a judge, please let me know. Matt, I know you have been bouncing ideas around too, which is very much appreciated, but since you and I will most likely have family members entering, we probably should not be judging. Thanks again to all 3 of you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:51:54 AM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Kali Massey

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
Kali (age10) said things she would like for prizes-- things that help her take care of her Ameraucanas, a portrait of her with her Ameraucanas, books about chickens, especially Ameraucanas, money, iTunes cards, and  rosettes with really long ribbons.   She loves the idea of being able to win Ameraucanas, too.   She thinks that is very generous. 

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »
Great suggestions, Kali! I'll see what I can do  ;)
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)