Author Topic: update bird photos on ABC site  (Read 11889 times)

Mike Gilbert

update bird photos on ABC site
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »
John, what would you think of putting this picture on the website to represent the ideal black female in place of whatever is there now?  I think many of the current pictures could be replaced with better ones that are more representative of the breed.   It could be done over time as good/better photos come in from the shows.

http://ameraucana.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2165.0;attach=3435;image

John

Re: update bird photos on ABC site
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »
what would you think of putting this picture on the website to represent the ideal black female in place of whatever is there now?
Great idea.  It didn't cross my mind, so let me know when you see better ones to use.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »
Don't you think a picture of Clif's cockerel would be a nice replacement for the one on the website? He has a much nicer comb.

He still lacks that nicely rounded front end, comb could be smaller, and the tail is plenty long.   Not a bad bird at all, but not one I would recommend putting up as representing the breed on the website.

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Don't you think a picture of Clif's cockerel would be a nice replacement for the one on the website? He has a much nicer comb.

He still lacks that nicely rounded front end, comb could be smaller, and the tail is plenty long.   Not a bad bird at all, but not one I would recommend putting up as representing the breed on the website.

Are you looking at his champion or reserve?  The champ bird is turned so I can't see his front, but his comb looks small to me.  The pics really don't do justice to some of these birds.  Lighting, birds not posing, etc.  They are nice birds.  All the cockerals I saw of Clifs have small combs, smaller than I have ever seen.   Granted, I haven't been around as much, but if his male combs get much smaller, you will have to wait four months to figure out if you have a male or female on your hands!
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
  Sharon, this is the black male I was referring to.  The photo of the other black male is much better; I did not even see him at first.  He is quite nice, and very well conditioned.

http://ameraucana.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2165.0;attach=3405;image
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:45:08 PM by Mike Gilbert »

John

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:34:39 PM »
a picture of Clif's cockerel would be a nice replacement for the one on the website?
Done

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

John, thanks for replacing the blue female photo as well.   This new one from the Heart of the Ozarks show is a much better pose, and has more dark edging as well.  She also has nice Ameraucana overall type.  Not too heavy looking, not too Mediterranean- like.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »
Do you think either of these would work for the blue male picture?
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »

I like the top photo.  Nice full, rounded front, good head, good wing carriage, maybe a little low in the tail, but over all I would say much better than what is on the site now.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
I suggest we replace the pictures of the LF's blue male, buff male, white female, & white male with the pictures shown below. They are better than what is up there now and we can always replace them again if something better presents itself.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:30:14 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 09:27:57 AM »
The white male and the buff male are the same pictures from the ohio national thread? 
Jean

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
Yes. They are the same pictures. It only seemed logical that if Matt Parker's white birds are winning so much, they should be the pictures representing the white variety...depending on if my picture taken ability gets good shots of them, of course. But, either way, (IMO) those pictures are better than the ones up there now.
Sharon Yorks

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
Agree on the blue male and Buff male.  There is a better photo of the white female on the Ohio National thread.   I don't see this white male photo as much of an upgrade over what we have now.  We need a better photo angle for that one, a side profile shot.    John has been busy upgrading many of the photos already - take a look. 

Debbie

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Maybe this would be sort of a slippery slope, but what if we had a photo section of some of the proposed projects? Like examples of of a correct splash, splash wheaten, lavender? To help give newbies an idea of what these projects should look like, and trying to encourage more people to show/ help get them recognized. You could even do a shoot off into some of the less established projects to try and attracted more people? I know that is a touchy subject. Just a thought I had.

John

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
what if we had a photo section of some of the proposed projects?
I think that is something that could be done here on the forum with a topic heading that asks for photos only or photos and critique.  It could be pinned, if there is enough interest.