Author Topic: Preparing incubators for hatching  (Read 11690 times)

John

Re: Preparing incubators for hatching
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
Is tek-trol available in smaller amounts than 1 gallon sizes?

Yes, check out Cutler Supply.

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
Looking at Cutler Supply, I only saw gal and aerosol cans. Smith Poultry Supply 14000 W. 215th St., Bucyrus, KS 66013-9519 has qts. See description below.

Ph. 913-879-2587  - 7:30 A. M. - 3 P. M  CST  Monday-Friday 

24-hour Fax.  913-533-2497 

Minimum order $10.00 

Tek-Trol Concentrate - Mix 1/2 oz. with 1 gal. of water to sanitize eggs, equipment, brooders, etc. Federally accepted toxicity testing indicates that Tek-Trol, when used at the recommended dilutions, is no threat to the health of people or birds. Gas chromatography studies and dye penetration testing indicated that it does not penetrate the shell membrane.

1 qt./$18.00

Gordon Gilliam

Art Smith

• ABC Members
  • Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »
Thanks for the help. I did find quarts at Smith Poultry Supply. I will give the Tek-Trol a try. I bought a GQF cabinet  with electronic controls a couple of years back and have not come close to the getting the hatch percentage as I did with my styrofoam incubators. I hope this helps       

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
Thanks for the help. I did find quarts at Smith Poultry Supply. I will give the Tek-Trol a try. I bought a GQF cabinet  with electronic controls a couple of years back and have not come close to the getting the hatch percentage as I did with my styrofoam incubators. I hope this helps     

Art, check the thermometer calibration of your cabinet model.   I posted this link for troubleshooting
hatching & incubation in a previous thread:  http://msucares.com/poultry/reproductions/trouble.html#RN